Friday, February 15, 2013

Happy '50% Off Candy Day' !


Current Mood : Relaxed - since Ginger's asleep now...



Ginger-kitty and I have been feuding all day. The fifth time I picked up my dolls from where she knocked them over – and this is after I redid all my dolls’ seating to accommodate her – I showed her a new way to get into her window. I moved all my stuff around to make it easier for her…and eliminate the knocks-dolls-over egress. In retaliation or just to show me who’s boss, she jumped onto Dearest Son’s desk, looked right at me, and knocked two dolls over with one paw sweep. Cat’s on darn dangerous ground, especially when she remembers I’m the one who buys her food, and that Mal-Wart’s Special Kitty is a lot cheaper than Meow Mix…


Now that Dearest Son’s given me his MH dolls to relocate, I now have my first Clawd, Forbitten Love, back. I’d be lying if I said that wasn’t kind of in my plans to begin with, so there, I admit it. I was considering letting one go out into the world, but…I probably won’t. That Clawd was a gift from Beloved Hubby, and my Sweet 1600 Clawd was thoughtfully found and mailed to me by a dear friend – Hi, Para-Presto ! – so clearly, I can’t let him go, either. Now that I have two, and need to come up with a new name for one. Any suggestions ?


I got both Clawds together today for a photo shoot – a board member wondered if Sweet arms would work with Love’s body, since there’s often color variations. And I honestly didn’t know m’self. Heck, until a Flickr friend asked a similar question about Signature Jackson and Deuce, I didn’t realize they have completely different skin tones. That wasn’t the case with Clawd, the only major differences was Sweet’s bend wrists and glossier finish compared to Love’s matte finish and straight wrists. Color-wise, though, they matched perfectly, and slight finish variations aren’t at all noticeable.


Since I didn’t like the pants Clawd was wearing, I took them off and replaced them with a pair of pinned-on Ken shorts I found on the floor. Then, in an effort to ease back into sewing, I took them in to fit without pins. This time, my alteration worked – yaaay !


And now that I have some new ideas and new inspiration…time to sew again ! Too bad it’s pretty darn late already. Ah, well. Tomorrow, then ! 

1 comment:

  1. I guess "Harry" might be too silly for a Wolf name, lol? How about Biton (Bitten) or Badley (Bradley, but like... "big bad")?

    ReplyDelete