Wednesday, February 6, 2013

There's a Barbie I want. Seriously, I'm as surprised about it as you are !


Current Mood : Surprise ! There she is - 




Still ill, but improving slowly, both me and Beloved Hubby. With Dearest Son’s help – he was never sick at all, thank Everything ! -  I got the trash out and the laundry put away, so things are starting to smell better already ! Dishes, however…(sigh) It took me three ‘waves’, with a lot of rest in between them, but I got them all done today. They’d really piled up while we were sickest.


Beloved came home with great news – we’re going to the ballet next week ! His school is hosting a dinner and performance by the City Ballet, and he got tickets for Valentine’s Day ! It’s also just after our anniversary (big 15 this year, babies !), too, and DM & FIL have already volunteered to hang with Dearest that evening. I’ve never been to a live ballet before – I was sighing a bit about that while watching Princess Tutu a few weeks back – so I’m really excited ! I have no idea what they’re presenting, but I really don’t care, I’m just thrilled I get to see it ! More as I learn it.


And I’ve forgotten about Toy Fair again. It’s no real surprise, since Mattel seems to want to feature Barbie at Toy Fair and MH at San Diego Comic Con, and I’m sure there’s reasons beyond the few I came up with. But, even so, they’ve got a new Barbie coming out that intrigues me. Pictured today is both ‘talking’ and slightly cheaper silent Raquelle – I’m sure there’ll be further refinements as she gets closer to ship date. She’s part of the Life in the Dreamhouse doll series, and beyond that, I don’t know much. But I adore that quirk to her smile ! I may actually have to reserve $17. out of my MH funds for a Barbie – first time for that since 2010, I think ! Back then, it was my Barbie funds getting sapped for these weird new dolls…


If you’d like to see more Mattel has in store – including a digital dress Barbie (shoving  high-tech into simple toys never really sells or lasts, even I know that !) and some MH Thirteen Wishes dolls – peek in here and click around. The ‘As Seen at Toy Fair’ has a list of links for all kinds of soon-to-be wishes and daydreams ! No Ghoulias to be seen at all, though. But anyway, go peek at the high-res images there. I’ll be here when you get back.


Hard to believe I don’t get paid for that. Anyway…so far, the only new thing that’s sparked my interest is Raquelle, and that’s because because her mouth is so unusual. The 13 Wishes line looks neat, but I don’t really care about the new characters yet, and while the old familiars look great, I’m already swimming in their outfits. The new CAM lab – Color Me Creepy - is intriguing, but I’m not sure if I have the space for it. Makes me glad I traded Frankie’s bed, though, since the new Lab has most of the same features I liked about the bed - if I do decide to go for it. It’s under ‘Girls’ on that site, not Toy Fair or even MH. But between ‘eeh’ and ‘meh’, I’m really not enthused so far.


I swear, I think I’m really starting to feel my fever for MH fade, because so far, I’m glad I got what I did, happy I kept it all, and I don’t want much more. Just a few more boyfiends…

2 comments:

  1. I'm in the same boat as you as wanting a new play line doll. It's a weird feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from Spain: I'm looking forward to seeing in stores the new collection of dolls. I love Rachel and Summer. It's a very cool collection. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete