Sunday, February 3, 2013

Oh. Superbowl Sunday was today ? Explains a few things...


Current Mood : Happy, but still worried about Beloved. 




Beloved Hubby woke up weak, but feeling better, so I ran out for orange juice and a few tempting treats so he’ll eat. When he’s sick, it’s like getting the Earth to move orbits to get him to even nibble on anything. So I got a few fave fruits and snacks, and arranged them on the dining area table for him. Predictably, he called this foul play. As he poured some juice and reached for a bowl.


Actually, everyone was tired this morning. I was so worried about him, I barely slept, and Dearest Son had picked up the house headache. So we all complained, watched some random TV shows on Netflix (I think there was some MacGyver in there somewhere), ate and napped ‘til early afternoon. Beloved read instead of slept, so he was ready for a nap when Dearest and I were finishing up before heading out to Target and Mal-Wart. I had a short list of things we needed, and off we went !


Was hoping to slip between the post-Church crowd and the pre-game muddle, but we ended up in the middle of both. It was like a week before Christmas. At least it was still fun ! 


Dearest found the new Princess Luna pony, packed with another Rarity – I think he has three that size now – and I helped him with it financially, in exchange for exclusive photo shoots with Luna. Truth to tell, I kinda want a Luna m’self, but it seems kinda silly to have two of ‘em in the house. Our local Target had the Power Ghouls superheroines, but I really wasn’t much interested. They also had some Scaris, but no Deuces, and all the Frankies had wild, awful hair. If all three of ‘em weren’t almost the same, I’d swear they’d been removed from the packaging, had something like sunglasses removed, and then taped back up. It was a shame.


Finally saw the blanket. Nope. For whatever reason, the size is listed as larger on the website. It’s also that slightly furry material that just felt off to me, so I’m not getting it. Glad I got to see it before I ordered it !


Even the Valentines section was a wash – I was hunting for the MH ones with pencils, not the ones with ‘blood drip’ hot pink bracelets. That kinda rustled me a bit, because if it were red instead of pink (and even that was kinda hard to tell), it’d look like a kid cut his/her wrists if they wore ‘em. Ick. No My Little Pony cards at all, which is odd. Did they just not make them this year ? We’ve looked in several stores at other times and not found any yet.


Got our shopping list accomplished and headed on to Mal-Wart. Yes, I managed to clear a Target without buying anything with MH on it or for it. Celebrate the moment, ‘cause it didn’t last long. I went nutz at Mal-Wart ! Found the MH pencil valentines – still no MLP ! -  and got a second Favors pack, so I could quit worrying about whether or not I should get it for more of those little doll-sized Decomposition Books. This one has stickers, rings, and tops instead of the Party City one’s lip whistles, prisms, and doll-size DracuLaura skateboards. The tops are actually well-balanced, btw.


Also found the other two Winx wings and shoes set, in the markdown section, again for just $2. each. Howleen now has all three, with today’s pink bow and yellow boots purchase. They only had two more of them left. I got the last yellow boots pair, which I didn’t have before, and they fit Howleen so well, she could stand unassisted in them. She can fit the pink and blue pairs, too, without even a boil soak, but they’re open-toe sandals, and her toes don’t show. Ah, well.


Also in with the markdowns were some MH folders, so I got the two I liked best for 50c each. The fabric section is getting sneaky. This one doesn’t have a cutting table, just precuts in with the Crafts section, and I found several fat quarters I liked. But the price sticker behind them said they were $3., instead of the usual 97c. I looked again – these were half-yard pieces, and there were full-yards, too, folded up small and looking just like the fat quarters. Huh. Put the one I had down and got the pink leopard spot quarter, because I can get a lotta use outta that one !


Figures. No Catrine (more later), no new Create A Monster, not much Scaris – but I still manage to spend nearly twenty bucks on MH stuff – or stuff for the MH  I already have !


Tell ya tomorrow about my Catrine decision. I’ve already written a book tonight ! 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Dorrie,

    I'm going to be moving cross country in a couple of months for school, and the last time I moved my dolls it was just 40 min. away and all of their hair got ruined.

    I remember when you moved you had a box where the dolls could "stand up" I'm looking for something like that. Do you have any advice for where I could get a box like that?

    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Josh ! Ours was a box that our $10. worth of Mal-Wart drinking glasses came in. Had a handle and everything. I used it to move the glassware, then reused it to move the dolls !

      For divided boxes, you may wanna hit up a local liquor store -most of their stock arrives in boxes with dividers already inside, to protect the glass bottles within. We actually have a box store here, and they also sell boxes and dividers for breakables that'd work well, too.

      Hope that helps - and good luck with your move !

      Delete
  2. Hey Dorrie, I've actually seen MLP valentines in Dollar General ($1 pack) and Family Dollar ($2 pack), but now that you mention it, I haven't seen them anywhere else! Odd!

    We've gotten another case of Catrine in here, but no Power Ghouls. The one case of slimbox Scaris dolls was quickly picked over, and I think Ghoulia's the only survivor of that one. I just got Jinafire, and I can't shake the feeling that she'd look AMAZING with the green "cat eyes" that Hobby Lobby has in their DIY doll section. Her painted eyes, to me at least, look a little flat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my problem. I sooo want to love Jinafire and Catrine, but their eyes...just don't make it for me. Your idea sounds so intriguing - I would love to see yours redone !

      That is, until I fall in love with yours and have to rat-race around everywhere tryin' to get my own ! (lol)

      I swear, next time I get access to Venus-Diesel, I'm hitting DolGen and HLobby...

      Delete
  3. Lol, I'm *terrified* of messing her up... maybe I'll look up some tutorials and see if anyone else has tried that first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your ideas, I hadn't even thought of looking at a liquor store! Once the move get's closer that's where I'll be lol. People may think it's silly but when it comes to your dolls you don't want to take any chances!

    ReplyDelete