Saturday, February 2, 2013

No snow at Howleen's beach !


Current Mood : Worried over Beloved, who's ill...



I got three e-mails from TRU, offering me a 20% off any one toy coupon, then reminding me to use it or lose it, today only. Feh. Twenny percent off simply puts their prices where everyone else’s (Mal-Wart, Tar-zhay) already are, and those other stores are often better stocked besides. Not impressed, TRU.


They also trumpeted the return of their ‘no upfront fees’ layaway. Ya’ll know me, I hit the ‘see more’ instantly on that one. Uh-huh. Non-refundable $5. service charge, a 20% deposit, and all taxes are payable up front. Tell me again, TRU, how that’s a no-fee up front layaway ? My University sadly didn’t require a semester of econ – I wish they had – so I may be a bit slow on the uptake of how that works. Sure glad there’s no up front fees !


Besides, Beloved Hubby worked all day and came home sick. No way was I buggin’ him about going anywhere today. Made sure he had fluids and medicine – glad we restocked on chicken noodle soup this week ! – and let him rest.


Yet, even with him tucked in and Dearest Son absorbed in playing his old Wii games again, I just couldn’t go back to the swimsuit pattern. I know, hit me with a fish, you’ve heard all this before. But I at least got off my butt and cut the legs off Howleen’s Dance Class outfit. I soon wished I hadn’t. Y’see, I’m lazy (no, really ! ) and didn’t want to pick the threads sewing the legs to the leotard, because then I’d have to sew the hem back. So, very carefully, I cut the legs…and cut into the leotard once on each leg, in different places and for different reasons, of course, and still had to sew a hem on each leg hole to repair the snips. Arrrgh.


But it’s done, and I like it much better. Haven’t done anything to her hair, save to pull it back into a single ponytail, for the photo. Those little claw hands are kind of a pain, they always look like they should be grasping something. I had a really neat photo all done and edited when I realized she really should have a soda or something in her upraised hand, the image somehow looked unfinished with it empty. And you can imagine how much fun balancing a rather heavy plastic cup in her soft vinyl hands, attached to not very tight arms. Messing with that messed up her hair, changed her posture, moved her head, required new positioning….I think I spent more time on that photo than I did hand-sewing those leg hems !


But it’s done and I’m happy with it. Beloved’s home all day tomorrow, thank Everything. I plan on letting him get lots of rest and reading ! And if he has a nice afternoon nap, maybe Dearest Son and I might sneak out to Target…

No comments:

Post a Comment