Sunday, February 17, 2013

At least the 'Meaning To' list got a bit shorter today...


Current Mood : Hopeful



We’re still fighting, Ginger-kitty and I, but I think it can’t go on much longer. I’ve already shifted stuff around so that the window is now easier for her to get into, but is near useless to me. And she’s still trying to get into a now two-inch wide spot on the other side. The one with all the dolls in the way. I honestly can’t tell which of us is being more pig-headed about it, but I’m tired of losing more and more desk space. Won’t be long before I give up and move everything back.


But, on the off chance the latest version suddenly works, I’m moving on with it. Cleaning Dearest Son’s closets last week unearthed another of the dollar clamp lamps I got from Salvation Army last year, and I’ve been trying to figure out how to use it. Nearly all of our current living room lighting is in front of my sewing machine, which makes sewing and photography in front of it rather dim. If I could figure out the best place for this clamp lamp, it could help out a lot.


So I did that today. Luckily, I also had a regular ole extension cord tucked away, so I could plug it in to the foot-switch strip, and clamp it on the rolling rainbow drawer cart. That works out great – there’s room to move it around as needed, but have it out of the way the rest of the time.


With that task done, I got a few other ‘meaning to’s’ done. Redid the shade on our much-loved  Asian-style lamp, which has been needing it since we moved. The lighting issues resolved, I moved on to dolls. Boil rinsed Howleen’s hair – Ginger’d knocked her over so many times, her hair had returned to the bushy ponytails style without the rubber bands – and let her rest. What’s funny about that is, it dried completely straight and looked awful. I have photos, but…ick. So I braided it and hopefully the waves will look better when it’s dry than it did straight. All else fails, I’ll give her a cute pageboy. Just didn’t want to cut it unless I had to, but that straight is simply terrible ! Wish us luck !


Beloved Hubby’s picked up AirSoft again, so he was off in a field shooting at his friends early this morning. I’m glad for him to have some recreation – now if only I could get mine going again !


Meanwhile, Dearest Son made his own pony. Meet ‘iMac’ ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment