Sunday, February 10, 2013

Tales of a Tail-less Toralei - Tale the First


Current Mood : Space-relieved !




Seems like Beloved Hubby’s desk revamp had a ripple effect ! Dearest Son moved his big Christmas gift Dreamhouse into his bedroom, preferring a flat open space for drawing, cars, and ponies. He moved his computer to the other table – he has an ‘L’ shape, butting up to mine – and had fun with the blank space possibly more than he’s had with the dollhouse.


Speaking of dolls, he’s been talking about giving up his for a while now, and today, he told me he’s going to give them to me, to keep, sell, donate, or whatever, next week. I asked if I could keep Toralei and my old Clawd, and he agreed. So I now have a Toralei again, and she’s gonna become a nice kitty if it drives both of us nuts. Her tail is AWOL, however, so she’ll have to ‘use her words’ to talk until we find it. It couldn’t have gotten far.


With two new dolls moving from his fold to mine, my own desk needed some changes. Reclaimed the two-by-four I used to boost up lockers on the shelves to array a line of ghouls behind my computer – isn’t the view gorgeous ? It’ll be easy to rotate ghouls and guys on and off ‘the line’ on a whim. That alleviates some of the congestion to my right, but I certainly can’t go buying – or reclaiming ! – any more dolls any time soon.


So I went ahead and bid on the costume to Dance Class Lagoona. If I get it, it’ll be everything but the doll and box for about half what the retail is on her. That, I’m happy with. It’s just expecting people to pay $7. for the clothes, $10. for the shoes, $8. for the doll, and a couple more bucks for stands and boxes – when the doll is plentiful and still available at Mal-Wart, with a shelf price of $15. – that drives me nuts. I think half for clothes and shoes, half for doll is more fair, but what does ‘fair’ have to do with eBay ?


I just love my new view ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment