Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Lagoona's Mom finally gets her name ! Well, from me at least...


Current Mood : Relieved.



This is Panope Blue - isn't she so young-looking ? 
Our kitty is home ! And is she ever wanting some comforting ! She’s barely been out of our laps long enough to torment the fish with her presence, knock over four to eight dolls, tip her food bowl, and pick at her stitches. The veterinarian left as much of her tail as possible, which is a bit less than half, but it’s amazing how much more of her emotional state we can see now. The way she tapped and swept her tail while she ate seemed almost like applause for the deliciousness of Meow Mix Original, and yes, she still smacks me in the face with it. It’s just not long enough anymore to whisk fur in my eyes in the follow-through. I’d also say she’s at least 50% less nervous in a room full of rocking chairs than most other cats.


Her balance will be a bit off while she gets used to her ‘new’ tail, but I know she’ll adjust. She’s already jumped up to my desk twice, scattering dolls each time, to get at her window. Poor kitty, you know how much of a trauma it’s been for her. Far as we know, she’d never been in a car before her trip to the vet, and I really doubt she’d ever been to a vet before. We have to take her back in two weeks to get her stitches removed, and keep her inside that whole time. Luckily, it’s gone back to cold winter weather, so I won’t miss having the door open. The soft cone she has to wear looks like a bonnet ! She still hates it though – it messes with her whiskers and she can’t see as panoramically as before. Only 13 days left for her to wear it…


Kinda had a mini-sewing fail, but it turned out OK. The cute wrap dress I bought a Barbie for at the flea market last weekend went under the needle today, in hopes of being taken in a bit to fit the MH crew. It just didn’t work. The bodice part was simply too big, and any more taking it in, and the sleeves wouldn’t fit anymore, and it didn’t hang right at all. So I removed all the stitches and kinda sulked. It was too small for a standard TNT-body Barbie, too big for Skipper, too big for MH…hmm. There’s always my sole remaining Midnight Magic clone…yes ! Fits her perfectly, go figure. I’d already taken off the oversize bow, it’s now decorating her ponytail. I wouldn’t mind bows on Barbie clothes so much, if they weren’t so darn big ! I mean, sure, there’s always a place for big bows – on the butts of bridesmaid dresses or shoulders of avant garde gowns. Not on a day dress. 


And she finally told me her name. Please meet Panope Blue, one of the fifty Sea Nymphs of legend, and Lagoona's mom. The sea water does wonders for their youthful appearances ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment