Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Farewell To Tails


Current Mood : Worried.



Ginger, in lazier, more restful times. 
Today didn’t quite work out into a ‘me’ day after all. Ginger-kitty came home late last night with a limp, sore tail…and as today dawned, it was clear not only was her tail broken, it was…um, bad. Could see stuff. Not good. So we got her to a local vet and it’s gotta be amputated, poor kitty. She’s getting the surgery tomorrow morning, and we bring her back home Wednesday night. I miss her like crazy, but anyone could see in her eyes she was in a lot of pain, so I’m glad she’ll soon be fixed up and free of it. We’re just lucky we had a few extra bucks to pay for all this !


After we dropped Dearest Son off at his grandparents, it started to snow. Big, fat, wet flakes that came down like a snowball fight from the heavens. Gorgeous, but a bit scary. Made sure DM & FIL were OK, grocery-wise, then picked up a few of our own we needed anyway, and headed home. Classes were cancelled, and after a quick late lunch, Beloved Hubby and I both fell sound asleep. But I had some luck – Toralei’s tail and both of DracuLaura’s boots were on a shelf in one of the living room book cases !


So, between sleep, Ginger’s tail, weather, and changed plans, I didn’t get to sew or do anything ‘me-centric’. It’s OK, I’m me-centric most other days anyway. And I didn’t clean anything either, so it all balances.


Hoping to pick it all up where I left off tomorrow ! For now, Dearest Son is home, we’ve had a nice dinner, and while everyone’s thoughts are with Ginger, we’re also about ready for some more sleep.  Snow didn’t stick, but it sure was pretty. This is gonna be one interesting year !

1 comment:

  1. Poor Ginger-kitty! You could give your Toralei a makeover into a Ginger-kitty werecat for a whole new personality.

    ReplyDelete