Friday, October 5, 2012

Whoa...where did the first week of October go ?


Current Mood : Horsin' around.


Kind of a slow day. Doesn’t really feel like a Friday, honestly. Even though I picked up some soda and cheap chips for the weekend, so we won’t go to 7-11, it still feels like Thursday to me. 


On the way home, we hit a ‘backyard sale’ that had the best signage I’ve ever seen. Every sign was clear and readable and took ya right to the site. I kinda hated to go, I had a big $1.13 in my wallet, but we went anyway. I got to see several dolls, from really old composition baby dolls to a sun-bleached grey Charming Chatty and a corroded ‘moves just enough to be creepy’ Christmas girl. Dearest Son found a Puss In Boots  kids’ meal toy he liked, I saw a small aluminum briefcase, the textured kind you see in spy movies. The seller let us have both for a dollar, so we were pretty thrilled. Once home, I got the case cleaned up and reglued the felt lining where it’d detached. For now, at least, it’s holding the latest fabric bits I’m using, or bought last month and haven’t used yet. Somehow, Beloved Hubby always ends up with these things when I find ‘em…and it’s about the size of one of his few remaining Airsoft weapons…


Speaking of Beloved, I got lucky and finished a Pinecone survey and got paid for it today – and found a vintage textured tie bar I knew he’d love. I’ve already paid the eBay seller, which, thanks to the survey and 56c in eBay Bucks, cost us 14c. He’s already looking forward to its arrival. You can find cool ties in thrift stores for 99c, but good luck finding tie tacks and tie bars. I can get jewelry findings and make him tie tacks, but he prefers the weightier bars. I’m just glad I picked out the right one !


Oop. For Special Time tonight (part of family therapy), we’re making cookies ! And the margarine’s finally softened. Promise to save ya some ! 


PS - It may surprise you to learn that this 'Pinkie Pie' girl is married to 'Applejack'. (happy sigh) We just 'fit' ! 


No comments:

Post a Comment