Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Sometimes, dolls pose themselves...


Current Mood : Sluggish



Isn’t that sweet ? My doll lineup from yesterday’s photo shifted a bit, so when I sat down beside them this morning, I saw today’s image. I confess, I really enjoy my Midnight Magic girls – spent nearly an hour finding them Barbie dresses that didn’t hang on them *too* badly, not to mention the ‘which shoes will fit ?’ hunt ! – but I wasn’t sure quite what to do with them. Now I know. ‘Mila’ is now Sirena, Lagoona’s ocean nymph Mom. She’s mentioned but not named in Lagoona’s ‘School’s Out’ second diary. The other MM girls haven’t really been assigned anything, but an ocean nymph can look very young for decades, so it fits. Because I say it does. Hmpft.


Not much time for doll fun today. Dearest Son got to visit with his grandparents today, but instead of sewing, I caught up on some housework. I always feel better when the kitchen’s clean and the pile of clean clothes are put away. My desk got re-cluttered from the Midnight Magic girls’ whirlwind tour, with boxes, box liners, and discarded twist ties scattered everywhere, along with MH clothes and shoes, mixed in with some Barbie-wear. Plus the latest fabric, now washed and dry, hit the pile of other new fabrics, and it was in the way, too. Still not sure what I’m gonna do with the MM boxes – I still wanna photograph or at least transcribe the story on the box back – so I’m keeping ‘em for a bit longer. At least I put ‘em back together until I decide. The box liners are coffin-shaped, too, so I may use them for in-drawer organization or something.


I got to do a little sewing, though. Dearest left some scraps of ribbon out, so I made a couple headbands. That’s how I know MM heads are smaller. What fit snugly on Lagoona was loose on Sirena. I also renewed my hate for the plastic-y mouse pad I was using…then it hit me. What about that stretchable book cover I bought on markdown, the MH one ? Bet I could use that as a mousepad ! I hadn’t even taken it out of the packaging yet.


Once open, I saw that the inside flaps were the ‘four faces’ imagery on both sides – I have a folder with the same design. It shows the nose-up faces of Ghoulia, Frankie, Clawdeen, and Lagoona. Cool ! It worked fine as-is, but I figured that, if I cut it in half and cheap-serged the cut edge, I’d have the makings of two mousepads, in case one gets dirty. Did just that, and using the cardboard insert as a size guide, cut out a piece of half-used 6mm-thick craft foam to slip inside, for cushioning. Yaay ! Darn near perfect pair of new mouse pads, for a bit over a buck – about 70c worth of craft foam and 60c worth of markdown book cover. Yay, me !


Now, though, I’m full of pasta and so sleepy. Hope your day got you caught up on some stuff ! 

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Found the MM girls at a local Family Dollar! I thought I'd mention that some part inside the hips broke after a few hours of play, and now the doll's legs are really... swingy. They did not click at first, and only broke after a few tries at posing after the clicking started. The other doll I bought has started clicking in one leg, only. Not sure if it's a defect or what.

    ReplyDelete