Friday, October 12, 2012

Robecca says "TGIF !"


Current Mood : Thrilled ! 



I’m not even sure what I did today, other than watch a Law & Order marathon on cable. Finished up the last of the chicken and dumplings as chicken stew, with potatoes, for lunch and more or less hung out. Redid part of my desk to clear away some clutter, and relocated some of the stuff to my rolling cart – which also had to be reorganized. It’s been needing that, and now it’s done. Wheee.


Finished a romance novel I bought for a dime. Paid too much for it. Oh, the heroine is beautiful, her stunning beauty and perfection is described on every page. But she’s so stupid, she not only failed to realize that her One True Love and the shambling wreck she’s married to are the same guy in and out of a costume, despite several ‘near miss’ clues even Daphne would have picked up on, but when she did manage to stumble headlong over a big, stinkin' hint-and-a-half, she misinterpreted it to mean that her disabled husband was paying One True Love dude to sleep with her in his place. And she never realized he was playing a 1700s version of Batman, either. He had to tell her, face to face, using small, simple words. I was so glad to finish that meandering mess.



So it was probably inevitable that I’d feel somewhat bored after dinner. About the same time, I realized I’d never tried the neat-looking Shannanigan sheath dress pattern. You can see and snag it here, for free. It is so worth clicking on it for the PDF ! It goes together like a breeze, fits beautifully, and is so open to customizing, it’s nearly limitless. It’s what Robecca is wearing, and she likes it, even if I didn’t get the darts quite parallel, it’s forgiving enough to still look great on her. So easy ! Just sewed up the darts, then the side seams, sewed the top and bottom hems, sewed Velcro ™ to the back (she indicates snaps instead, but it still closed and fit perfectly !), and sewed the back seam, and we were done. You’ll definitely see another one tomorrow. I wanna sew it again and again ! 


Unfortunately, now I am tired, so I’m gonna crash. I have a list of projects for tomorrow – wish me luck on getting them all done ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment