Monday, October 15, 2012

Bye, Starlight...


Current Mood : Wistful

Sorry if I’m a bit melancholy today – Starlight found a new home and has already left us to move on with her new owner. We got what we wanted, and I’m happy for that, but I’m still a bit wistful.


Doesn’t explain yesterday’s diatribe. Thanks for putting up with me when I go all analytical like that, I’m sorry if it bored or ticked anyone off. I’m always a bit weird and oddly reminiscent during the early days of Fall.


Thinking of enacting a few trades on the MLP MH message board, since I don’t wanna slip back into bad habits now that we’re not quite so worried about cash. With 42 dolls on shelves and at least two I want that will be in production soon, if they’re not being shipped as we speak (not to mention my hopes for a Slo Moe ! ), I think I’m ready to let a few more move on. It’s so crowded that I have to adopt a ‘one in, one out’ policy, and I know I want the Headless Headmistress, even if I’m still undecided about Caterine de Mew. And, when I get my holiday funds, I’m giving serious thought to obtaining the SDCC set from this year. So. Gotta beg yer pardon again, but I figured I’d throw this out here before I used the message board, just in case.


I’m ready to let Gloom Beach Frankie (the one with the side part and green lips) and Dead Tired Lagoona (the one that came with the Hydration Station) move on to new homes. I can redress them in something pretty I’ll make for them, or put them back in their stock clothes, but yer kinda SOL on shoes. Chez Insanity is a doll shoe trap – none ever escape !


I also never used the yellow and black ‘bee girl’ wig, so that’s up for grabs. And from the School playset, I got a sheet of untouched stickers, the pink skullette disco ball, and a packet of pink pumpkin decoration bits. The little pumpkins might be cute sewn on to some doll clothes, but I’m not gonna. Rather let someone else enjoy ‘em.


Otherwise, I’m not looking for much that’s available right now. I’m still thinking of getting a Skull Shores Cleo, but that’s almost as much in the air as Caterine. I may settle on just getting her outfit and shoes, since I already have short-haired Gloom Beach Cleo. And I’m still looking for the Spectra fashion (I’ve never ever seen it outside of eBay and Flickr), and I’m hoping to snag a couple Ghouls Rule accessories – namely, Cleo’s punchbowl and ladle, and Abbey’s bowl and ‘hand’ stand. I have a bid on Frankie’s cauldron from that line already. And I keep looking at DracuLaura’s wings…


So, if you have or want any of that stuff, let me know and we’ll chat. I’m not hard-line on anything I’ve got listed, and if you have some other goodies to trade, just say so ! Oh, and if there’s anything you wanna ditch from your Coffin Bean playset (besides Clawdeen, I already have two), lemme know – I love all the furniture from it, but just can’t bring m’self to shell $30. for it.


Otherwise, it was a quiet day. Scanned the Toferet alterations, updated our car insurance – much cheaper now ! – and didn’t sew. I just wanted to relax a bit. Plus I got a messy house to clean, so I’ll be able to sew again on Wednesday !

1 comment:

  1. That Lagoona doll is seriously tempting, but I'm not sure if I have anything you want to trade. I think she's the prettiest Lagoona doll.

    ReplyDelete