Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Have you seen the MH 'Dance Class' line yet ? Links inside !


Current Mood : A bit overstuffed. I overdid the pot roast at Golden Corral...



'Gravehill Cementery' ? Guess this is where you bury deceased
yard gnomes and broken birdbaths.
(sigh) Watched an episode of Extreme Couponing – see if I make that time-wasting mistake again. A woman was somehow gonna make the $600. she needed to repair her roof during a massive shopping trip. Um… She then bought a ton of stuff like sports drinks, which, if her kids’ reactions are anything to go by, she doesn’t normally purchase. But because she ‘saved’ a dollar a bottle, she cleared the shelf.


This is the fake economy those shows promote. She can save a thousand dollars, I guess, but what’s the point ? I can ‘save’ a million dollars a day by not buying disposable Maserati sports cars. Doesn’t mean I have a million dollars cash in my lap at day’s end. And what’s she gonna do with 10 tubes of markdown toothpaste, after she quibbled with them over 15c ? She also jammed a register, which meant the whole system had to be rebooted, and all her crap had to be rescanned. I can imagine how that endeared her to the other customers. Sure, she got $600.+ worth of stuff for $7.  – but it was all artificial sweetener, toothpaste, paper towels, mints, and sports drinks. Yum. What’s for dinner ? Wonder if the Gatorade pairs well with asphalt shingles ? Coupon queen refused her daughter’s request for gummy bears, with the expected ‘We don’t have a coupon for it’, which was sad. Sadder still was another comment, ‘I think she hugs the deals more than us.’


Another heir to the Coupon Queen throne taught a class. I don’t know where grown adults who have to be taught that they can combine a coupon with a sale live, but apparently, this Extremer found a whole city of ‘em. I like how she promoted driving to libraries to print more online coupons – but I guess gas, time, newspapers, and printing (our library system charges 7c a page) don’t figure in the ‘I only paid 20c for $700. in groceries !!!1!!’ totals.


I’m all for savin’ and using your money wisely. And I love having a full pantry and freezer. Utilizing coupons can help. But now, when I see cleared out shelves, I think some insane bulk-buying couponer has been there, and I have to wonder if they’re gonna use all that they bought.


Won the Ghouls Rule Frankie Stein cauldron. Can’t wait to put it in the Creepateria. And I got to see the upcoming Dance line out of box, thanks to Phrique-idoki. Wonder if he’s the one who paid $50. each for them off eBay. I’m glad he’s happy with them, and shared photos, he takes really good, sharp ones. Flickr Photostream here, scroll down for Tumblr images here. They’re all quite pretty, but…I’m not even much on their outfits. Love Robecca’s top hat, and could have fun with her outfit as separates, but can’t figure out her tap shoes. Lagoona’s tutu looks more like a swimsuit and sarong, although her bag reminds me of my old oxygen cylinders back when I hadda drag them around. I think Operetta’s Dot Dead Gorgeous dress is more ‘swing’ than the one she has here, but I love her mask. Howleen’s cute, but I just never ‘got’ her, ya know ? So, aside from a few elements, I’ll probably give this whole line a pass.


Speaking of tutus, I watched My Froggy Stuff’s YouTube tutorial on  how to make no-sew ones for dolls, with Dearest Son peeking over my shoulder. He was intrigued, and wants to make one for his MH dolls, so we picked out tulle and ribbon from my stash. Kinda ranks that none of these patterns (there’s several) ever says how much tulle to get, but I figure a yard should do it. If not, they’ll be multicolored ! 

1 comment:

  1. Hm. I'm disappointed with the dance dolls myself, now that I see them out of the box. I was in love with Operetta's box art but... yeah.. not feeling the doll.

    "I can ‘save’ a million dollars a day by not buying disposable Maserati sports cars."

    HA! I've got to remember that one next time I see one of those coupon obsessed women in line at WM! XD

    ReplyDelete