Monday, October 8, 2012

Have fun coloring Pyra Mids !


Current Mood : Shopping buzz ! 


It finally hit me yesterday. Sooner or later, I’m gonna wanna use that Bard’s Tacky Wax stuff on a surface that’s almost guaranteed to stain. I really wanted to put Chewlian, that ‘Audrey II’-inspired plant-pet, on a stickered shelf in the High School playset. Sure, it says it’s non-greasy and won’t stain…but I once believed a bill collector when he said they wouldn’t hit Checking ‘til Friday. Thanks to that jerk (who drained the account and bounced two checks for us before we even hung up), I trust precious little in this world anymore.


And it only now occurred to me that I could actually test it instead of just whine about it. So I now have a smear and a bead of the stuff on a scrap of paper, dated and taped out of the way. I’ll check it in a week, and see if the claims are true.


Dearest Son decided that, with the old patio table in his room, he’d rather have the space than the aquarium. We really didn’t have the space either, and we already had a Betta in the big tank. So we put his Betta, Flare, in a smaller bowl, and he’s on the dining area table ! Flare really likes the attention, and has been fanning his scarf-like red fins to each of us in turn. It’s nice to have something to watch with dinner that isn’t TV or our plates ! We’re going to use the stand it was on for Beloved Hubby’s schoolbooks, and the aquarium itself already has a taker, as soon as we get it emptied. Well. That worked out. The stand’s already cleaned and in place, and it’s a little easier to get in and out of his room. Great !


I had a little ‘me’ time today, and decided to go ahead and return the Hobby Lobby acrylic ice cubes. I knew I wouldn’t use them, and besides, Michael’s was having a sale on scrapbook paper. I saw several sheets on their website I wanted, and I knew those would have a much greater ‘use factor’ than the cubes. HLobby was very nice and refunded it with zero fuss, and while I enjoyed looking around, didn’t find anything I just *had* to have. Swung by Mal-Wart to pick up a few things, and while they had a separate MH Halloween costume display, complete with ‘Scary Cute’ trick-or-treat bags, all I bought for me was two Fat Quarter pieces of fabric. I can never resist when I find two colors of the same print. Today, it was a super-tiny floral print, in black on white, and in white on black. Can’t wait to get it washed, it’s gonna make some gorgeous separates, and a dress or two !


And, if you can believe this or not, I managed to spend almost $3. on paper, 25c at a time. Sheesh. Almost half of it’s ‘beach’ or ‘sea’ themed, so you’re either gonna be seeing a lot of Lagoona, Gil, and Carlin this winter, or I’m gonna spend the snowy days making resort wear. I also scored a green ‘argyle’ print, two miniature ‘frames’ sheets (one for dolls, one for family crafts), a great clock print (Robecca), a Paris image (Rochelle), a purple floral and heart print (Spectra), and a lovely cherry blossom with Japanese umbrellas sheet, just ‘cause it was so pretty. Stay tuned to see more !


I fell in love with a faux book-shaped storage box that was so Steampunk, it almost smelled like heated oil. It was even half-off, but beyond my fundage just the same. Maybe next time. If it would have fit the scrapbook papers, I would have considered nipping into the family funds for a few bucks, but… instead, I got a set of 30 craft foam pumpkin shapes. With the 50% off coupon, those were in my budget. Figured we could decorate some, then ask M & FIL to decorate a couple, then our guests to make a few, and hang them in the bay window. I’m gonna use fabric and a glue stick on mine !


I also found a cool pencil sharpener that was in with the markdowns. I knew Dearest Son would love it, and he’s always needing one for his colored pencils. It rang up as 10c. I darn near went back for the other one, but figured this was enough. And, as I headed for home, I realized that I’d spent exactly what I said I would. Pretty much what I got back from HLobby and the few bucks I had left from last week. I love it when I stay on budget and still come home with goodies ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment