Sunday, October 21, 2012

I have more of a grosstato chip fang, m'self...


Current Mood : Sleepy



Well, this weekend, absolutely nothing on my list got done, but it’s fine, I can always try to do it this week. Saves me from having to make another list !


The only ‘big’ thing on it was giving Dawn of the Dance Cleo a pagegirl boil perm. Main reason I wanted the Skull Shores one so much was because her hair curled under, I didn’t much like the blue streak, really. Or the gold lips. And now that I’ve scored her SS outfit soo wonderfully cheaply, I think I’d rather adapt the doll I have rather than continue to search for an affordable nude one. Takes too much time and enthusiasm out of a day to scour eBay and lose at the last second over and over. Plus, I don’t need more than two Cleos, that’s fer sure.


We told the girls next door – after asking their Mom first – about giving them the Lagoona and Clawdeen I had sitting on the Coffin Bean sofa when they finished their book reports. The younger girl nearly shot into the sky like fireworks, the elder shrugged…but her eyes rested repeatedly on Clawdeen with a possessive light. She tries so hard to be sophisticated and cool…but didn’t we all when we were twelve ?


We got to go to Michael’s, and I have my craft foam. New props box, here we come ! I’m hoping to get it cut out Friday and sewn up Saturday. I’m just gonna go plain black with a print lid – probably that striped stuff I used for doll furniture sofa cushions last year, if I have enough. And I can find it.


I also found a really cool metal key in their dollar bins. They had several styles in gold and silver tones, but I chose a vaguely fleur-de-lis in pewter silver. It’s a bit heavy, but on a black silk ribbon, it makes for a lovely necklace. I’ll probably use the lavender ribbon it came with on another project.


I also discovered that I’ve already figured out pettiskirts. I tested sewing and gathering on a scrap of black tulle before I tackled Clawdeen’s bottom Barbie gown ruffle, and as it turns out, the bit fit both the MH ghouls and the MM knockoffs. Add a ruffle to the bottom – which I already know how to do ! – and it’s a cute little underskirt that peeks through a bit under the shorter minis. May make a bigger one to go under Ghoulia’s big brown dress skirt.


After I get to sew up some of my new patterns. They came in yesterday, but I didn’t check mail ‘til today, so I spent over an hour getting them all scanned and such. They’re all ready to go, but I’ll probably start with the simple freebie, Mod Summer Dress. Low back, gathered at the neck with a collar – easy and fun, and I can use stripes and maybe midsize prints that would otherwise be out of scale.


Gonna be a busy, fun week ! Hope yours will be, too !

No comments:

Post a Comment