Thursday, October 11, 2012

Neapolitan Cupid !


Current Mood : Relaxed




OK. So. Yesterday, I watched four episodes of Toy Hunter. I don’t wanna hear squat outta anybody about my Monster High collection. At least it hasn’t taken over an entire house ! At my worst, my dolls took over one small bedroom, and that was with nearly everything out, not stuffed in boxes and stacked up in garages and storage units. Sure, MH dominates my desk, and by extension, the living room, but not the whole apartment !


Anyway…felt lightheaded and almost dizzy all day. Had a bit of a nap and felt better. Decided to sew a bit, and I picked up the pattern I sewed up yesterday, intending to get more experience with 1/8-inch seams. After the second effort went into the trash, I decided to try expanding just the armhole and neckline hem width, and leaving the rest alone. That worked much better ! I got that great fit I liked, and could hem the armholes and neckline with far fewer obscure oaths and curses than usual. I also wrote down the dimensions for the hemmed rectangle that makes the skirt part of the dress, and about how long to cut the Velcro ™ for the back closure. Now all I have to do is scan the altered piece !


With that done, I gave some mind space to which doll would get to model. I usually pick the pattern first, then sew it with whatever fabric’s floating around, and if it works well, then decide which doll wears it. Sometimes, I have to look up the dates on photos to figure who’s been stuck in her current outfit the longest, so she gets the new one – or that this color will look good on that ghoul. I have to quit buying certain fabrics for certain dolls, because then I get all ‘this is special’ about it and don’t ever use it. I scored some gorgeous snowflake fabric from Hobby Lobby at the first of the month, and it’s ready to go. Haven’t used it yet ‘cause it ‘belongs’ to Abbey, and I haven’t seen anything I want to make for her specifically yet. Truth be told, the snowflake print will look lovely on nearly anything, from the Qi Pao, to the halter and skirt, to that dress I made twice already. Gotta lose that mindset.


I also redid my used dryer sheet storage – cheep stabilizer ! – which was overflowing. It’s funny how satisfying that was. I’ve been neglecting it for weeks, just shoving it crumpled into a pretty box I got at Dollar Tree. Now it’s all nice and neat folded, with the scraps tucked away on one side, and the ‘fresh’ stuff on the other.


I may take tomorrow off from sewing…’cause I have no idea what I wanna try next !

1 comment:

  1. Love love LOVE that dress on Cupid! She looks so Donna Reed in it!

    ReplyDelete