Saturday, July 7, 2012

Watched 'Thank God It's Friday' today - maybe that's why I'm off sync.


Current Mood : Needing a nap.



FIL is back home. We didn’t really know when he was due until mid-afternoon – and yes, that included what date. Considering the tone of some of his East Coast notes, Beloved Hubby was a bit worried FIL would be belligerent at best, and possibly spoilin’ for a confrontation. Turned out, FIL was too hot and exhausted from a 40+ hour ride in an air-conditioning malfunctioned bus to do much but claim his bag and sit back for another ride. I’m sure our beautifully air-conditioned Venus-diesel was much more comfortable.


Not coincidentally, the last of our stuff (that I know of) is here and placed. I got all the books unboxed and shelved, my sadly neglected bike is locked up out front, and my jewelry armoire (which is 25% costume baubles, 75% stuff and random goodies) is here. At last, I finally have a place for all those dress forms I used to collect. Between the ones in storage and the ones on the old Arena, I needed to put ‘em somewhere ! At the IL’s house, the top of it held our toiletries and non-prescription medicines. But we have a whole bathroom for that now !


So things are settling back down. All our stuff is here, and most if it is where it belongs. There’s a pile waiting for storage, but it’s out of the way, and will be fine there until Beloved Hubby retrieves his tools from his current job. That’s when we’ll really need storage ! Even all the new stuff – and lemme tell ya, even folded up, that Monster High School playset takes up some room – has a home, which is wonderful. At this point, I’m enjoying cleaning ! Except dishes. I still hate doing dishes.  


Another way you can tell things are going back to normal – we went to Dollar Tree today and only spent ten bucks ! And three of that was Dearest Son’s stuff. We left most of our cooking and serving utensils behind, so I’ve been picking new ones up, one or two at a time. They’re putting out school supplies where the luau and July 4th decorations were, and ya’ll know how much I love that stuff. But all I bought  were big envelopes so I could mail off those doll clothes. I’d meant to do that Friday, but I got lazy. At least it’ll only take a day to reach her, and a couple of bucks. It’s all packed up for Monday, including a note explaining the bizarre bounty of odd sized doll clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment