Tuesday, July 10, 2012

My Blue Bissell Buddy !


Current Mood : I feel like I just attended a rave. I didn't, but...


Still establishing routines at the new place – but darn near all of it got vacuumed today ! I’m embarrassed to admit it, but some areas hadn’t been Hoovered since we moved in, and there’s a couple spots I still can’t get to. I reached what I could with the wand attachment. Gonna try to do it once a week, although it involves a lot of moving furniture around, and asking Dearest Son to pick up his stuff, but I think it’s doable. Thank Everything this place isn’t bigger. I remember the old place, where I was lucky if I got it all vacuumed up once a month !


Speaking of cleaning, the pool’s finally blue and clean again. Just in time for the thunderstorm rolling through that’s still hammering us. Ah, well. Maybe tomorrow.


Oh, and I thought this was cute and mildly compelling – MGA, home of Bratz, is heading in a new doll direction soon. This new line is called Novi Stars, expected out in October, and they’re kinda cute. I keep getting the name wrong, thinking it’s ‘Navi Stars’, like navigational stars, but I guess MGA doesn’t wanna be that literal. As you expect, they’re representations of girls from other planets, here to have fun and get famous. You can see about what to expect  – but not the actual dolls – in this ad or on the 1998-era slow-to-load website, novistars.com. Neither the ad nor the site are recommended for those with strobe-sensitive eyes or light-induced epilepsy.  You may wanna turn your volume down, too – on the site, the rave-style music loads much earlier than the graphics.


Definite MH influence, especially if you compare just-released Robecca Steam to their ‘Mae-Tallic ™’. They seem younger than the MH crew, which is actually more disturbing, since they’re shown in the ad as on their own, stepping from cabs into clubs, and mention flirting with boys repeatedly in the character bios on the site. I’m kinda curious how MGA’s gonna pull these off, honestly. Right now, they seem like a blender-bender of Monster High, 80s-era Spectra, Bratz, Teen Skipper, and bootlegs of all of the above !


OK, I’m done. Gotta headache from the site. Gonna go lie down. Hope your day was fun ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment