Thursday, July 5, 2012

Debox ALL the things !


Current Mood : Fat & happy

Current Image Notes : Carlin’s ready for the tour ! Stand by for yours ! Click to see it bigger, if ya like. 



Fell asleep shortly after the early fireworks – pretty but brief, but nowhere near as short as the ‘Big Bay Boom’ bust in San Diego – and woke up two hours later, spoilin’ for some fun. Remember all the stuff I bought this month and the end of last month ? I opened it all ! Except for ‘I love fashion’ Abbey, for some reason. Put my second set of Create A Monster guys together, put the new Moxie Teenz shoes on Lagoona and DracuLaura, stored clothes, and bagged up all the packaging for the trash. That eliminated most of the remaining clutter at my table-desks.


I like my new puma-dude, and will just love him once he’s all blue, and not half pink. Beloved Hubby says he wants to go back to the hobby shop this week, for some more AirSoft ‘green gas’, so I’ll tag along. Puma hasn’t given me a name yet, although ‘Panthro’ makes him snort ungraciously, so I figure it’ll happen later.


Spent most of my time with the second Gargoyle dude. He’s gonna be my version of Slo-Moe, Ghoulia’s boyfriend. While I don’t have near the skills of Vivien Hoffpauir, I did what I could. If Mattel ever makes an official Slo-Moe doll, he’s mine, and this guy’ll go back to being a gargoyle or something else entirely, but for now, he’s our Moe !


The wigs I had were…interesting. The one I got from Lori (Tanz­_Fanatika) was fine, and looks great on puma-dude, but the one I got with the puma set just wasn’t good. It was like it’d been trimmed with a weed-whacker, hardly any two strands next to each other were the same length. I actually pulled most of the red from the Vampire/Gargoyle wig (and Sharpie’d some roots) and cut that, since it was a mess, too. While I’m all for the delicious asymmetrical angle in clothes and hair on girls, for some reason, I don’t much care for it on guys, and if that red/black wig was anything at all, it was asymmetrical. On that one, the strands were close together in length, and it was styled well, one side was up at the top of his ears, the other was down below the bottoms. The back was just as off-length as the front, so I spent sooo much time cutting a fraction of an inch at a time until it looked ‘right’ to me. It’s probably way off, and even uglier besides, but I’m happy. While I left Puma’s alone, ‘Slo Moe’ got his claws trimmed back to nails, which I prefer. You get his photo in a day or two, and Puma’s as soon as he’s on the ‘after’ side.


Lucked out – the Moxie Teenz swimsuit cover-up, that white peplum jacket with gold trim, fits Elphie great. Doesn’t look like the swimsuit will, but I’ll try it later. The shoes look great on Lagoona, and the pink-ribboned ‘straw’ purse looks fine as a beach tote / shopping bag. The Liv guy outfit is oversized on the MH guys, but the headphones and jewelry fit perfectly, and the shirt is OK. Pants are too big at the hips and waist, too tight at the ankles. Only doll they fit are vintage Ken and Allen, and they’re tight at the calves on them, too. Liv guy dolls must have legs like sticks !


And here’s a laugh – the Liv boots fit the CAM guys just fine. But when I went to take them off, I popped Puma’s foot off at the ankle ! It snapped back in, but what a scare. I didn’t think their feet were supposed to be swappable, but yes, they are ! Used my X-Acto knife to widen the back opening, so now they slide on and off much easier. The MH guys  have so few options for footwear, I’m glad I’ll be able to use those boots.


Got everything sorted and stored today, and Dearest already took out the packaging trash. Took some photos of the High School playset packaging – I was right, Brawley and Fade hate flash photography ! – in anticipation of cutting out the logos and tossing it out tomorrow. No space for boxes anymore, but luckily, my hard drive has all the space I need to remember with.  And lucky you, you get to see it all ! Because as much as I’m looking forward to using it for photos, the school does take up a lotta space. I don’t even wanna drag it out unless I know I’m gonna have time to play ! 

2 comments:

  1. Years ago as a new doll collector all I heard was save the box. Never! I am not a box collector, I collect dolls. Throw the boxes away. Nice to find you toss the trash also.
    betty
    doll-college.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a few empties sitting around they are headed for the recycling can. I also set a few aside for a friend.

    I can't wait to see how you set up the school.

    ReplyDelete