Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sunday chill !


Current Mood : Chillin' with Abbey, content


A nice quiet day. I needed one. Opened two of the fashion packs I bought last week – Clawdeen’s and Frankie’s – and got all the package backs scanned. You’ll see them over the course of the week, I love having images done ahead of time. I hate that I got rid of all the other packaging ‘paper dolls’ I used to have, so I kept these – and even hung them up on the blank side of a bookcase. I left Frankie and Clawdie (gigglesnort) on the package cardboard, but I have two dolls I saved without the cardboard, Ghoulia and Deuce. I’ll fit them in between. I’m happy I get to keep these.


Still don’t like the colors in Frankie’s outfit. So I cracked out the Sharpies and tinted the red webbing waistband around the skirt black. Can’t do much with the straps or the red hexagon patterns, but at least it doesn’t hurt my eyes so much. Next, the red on the shirt goes bye-bye !


I really love the fork and slice of pie that came with it, though. And I’m sooo painting those shoes a nice dark brown or something. As you can see, Clawdie’s glasses have already been claimed, but I keep mistaking her odd golden shoes for rice crackers or cashews. Toyed with the idea of making her weird pants into a skirt, but I don’t really think there’s enough fabric, even if I keep the same seam allowance. Not sure what to do with the jacket, either, but the top is pretty nice. Very fitted.


Abbey’s second outfit, the pants and top, are very nice. But her pants are super-tight, and if they didn’t stretch, they wouldn’t fit. As it is, it’s a ‘two moon junction’ when she sits, and half the time, the Velcro ™ pops open. Her seat is a little Disney Princess treasure box (from the dollar section at TRU), and like my Clawdeen is a ‘Hello Kitty’ fan, my Abbey is a secret DP aficionado. Too bad I ditched most of that stuff years ago. Luckily, they make plenty more of it !


Since I had the scanner all fired up, I also got the new pattern in. Now I can sew some of it ! First, though, I have to create a pillowcase. Turned out the ‘biggie’ new pillow I bought m’self Friday gives my neck a crick. So I swapped it with one of Beloved Hubby’s and slept like a rock last night. He likes the new one, too. The pillowcase I made for his birthday fits it, ‘cause I make ‘em large ! Just have to make me one. Now, what fabric to use…?


Pool time again today. My swimsuit, which I bought back in 1993, is turning from black to brown. Well, parts of it are. It’s funny that I’ve worn it more this month than I’ve worn it for the past near-twenty years. And I am so enjoying that ! But I may have to invest in a new suit next year. I’m gonna miss the pool when the season’s over. By then, I’ll be ready to go back to the Wii Fit program.


For now, though, it’s almost bedtime ! Hope your weekend was tons of fun !

No comments:

Post a Comment