Friday, July 20, 2012

A very full day !


Current Mood : Satisfaction. 



I was a little restless today. Felt much better, but as much as I wanted to sew, I was feeling a little cooped up. We really hadn’t gone anywhere all week. So, after some showers and a little picking up around the place, Dearest Son and I hit the road.


I mostly wanted to hit Target and see if they had the Skull Shores doll set in. Target exclusive, of course, and not yet on their website. Y’see, I really want the Cleo doll. Her short hair and turquoise bangs are just adorable, and…heck, I only have two Cleos ! I soon had one in my sights on eBay – and lost. It’s rare for me to ‘win’ on eBay, I just don’t want to spend ridiculously for most things. I did a bit of research and came to a conclusion. Heck, if I’m gonna pay $30. for one doll (no, I wasn’t, but just about everyone else is willing to go $25. - $30., with shipping for her, that was the going rate), I may as well toss in a couple extra bucks and get the whole set.


Clawdeen was a cutie, too, and having a ‘color’ Frankie to go with the greyscale one would be great. I’d also finally get the DracuLaura nautical swimsuit, and I’d have a replacement Ghoulia for my broken-armed one. So I soon had buying the whole set rationalized as neatly as you please, but…of course, they don’t have that in stock. Our Target has three Gloom Beach sets, but all I’d want out of there is Ghoulia’s swimsuit, and I don’t even want that one very much. So, maybe later.


Dearest Son scoped out lots of goodies he liked, too, but he’d left his well-earned allowance at home, on purpose. He decided he wanted to save up for some larger purchases, and I respected that. We headed for TRU.


Nothing new there, and all the ‘new’ stuff that was there when I bought the School playset was gone, too. Lots of one-torso CAMs, the new $40. CAM maker coffin-thingie (that lotsa early adopters are having big problems with), and Sweet 1600 girls, but not much else. Finally saw the Coffin Bean playset for the first time, but $30. for a sofa and chair – about all I wanted out of it – seemed a bit much. Dearest finally got to see the Lego ‘Monster Fighters’ Castle set, and it is a doozy. Remember me whining about the price structure for non-licensed items ? Yeah, I regret that. The castle is well-designed and amazing…and at $109., quite fairly priced in my book.


On to Mal-Wart. Lots of stuff I wanted there – markdown beach towels, lucky bamboo planters for Beloved Hubby’s desk, and craft goodies – but only Sweet 1600 girls on the shelves. Oh, and before I forget it, I did see Cupid, at all three stores ! It was a bit of a jar, since she started out as an exclusive. I kept thinking someone took a return they shouldn’t have. And I saw another MH party favor set, which had the eight tiny ‘decomposition book’ notebooks in it, for just $9. A buck cheaper than the Party Galaxy set, but it also had more stuff in it I didn’t like. Next week, I’ll probably snag the Party Galaxy one, but for now, we left empty-handed again.


In fact, we were out for nearly three hours, and only bought sodas. Hot day. It still felt great to get out and look around and not buy anything after all. Now I was ready to sew !


So I did. This is one of the Kristine Ann’s patterns I bought last month, and it sewed up very nice. I think I attached the skirt a bit low, which explains why the sides aren’t as snug as they could be. It went together quickly, less than an hour from cut to Velcro ™, and the darts were easy to stitch and well-placed. This is a cutaway piece from the pillowcase I made yesterday. Yeah, it’s a bit juvenile a print, but I like it, and it’s nice and soft. I think Operetta likes it, too !


Here's a link if you'd like to see the pattern set  - http://www.etsy.com/listing/102166640/monster-high-dolls-pattern-for-dresses


Beloved Hubby’s home ! My day is happy and complete. Hope your Friday was fun, too !

No comments:

Post a Comment