Friday, July 6, 2012

Dishes and laundry are done, boxes are gone...guess I get to play !


Current Mood : Lazy

Current Image Notes : There’s my Slo-Moe, showing you how big the school’s box is. Better pictures of him later, though.


Busy but quiet Friday – at least until the neighbors got a little tipsy. Even then, we couldn’t hear much, but when we went outside to lock my bike up, some girl idiot was standing on the railing fence to the still-closed pool, barefoot in a bikini, yelling at the feet of people on the second floor. I thought that she must be doubly protected, being both a child and an idiot…


Spent a good chunk of the day at the Laundromat, washing our old bedding and this week’s worn clothes. No renegade doll-destroying little girls this week, thank Everything, just a couple guys who avoided us like our presence would somehow get their girlfriends pregnant. It’s true, though – the place is near-vacant early in the day.


We also had some errands to run. The thrift store in the same strip had several nice office chairs for $15. each last week. I’d taken photos, and Beloved Hubby was interested in one…so we went to test ‘em out. If it was in good shape and could lean back – Beloved always prefers a ‘rocking’ chair – then we’d snag it. It was, and it did, so it got pushed to the register. Dearest Son was interested in a non-rolling $10. chair. I told him to save his allowance today and next week, and he could get it. He ended up buying a die-cast van, about the size of a water bottle, instead – and told Beloved all about ‘his’ chair. Well, here’s hoping he can start saving up next week !


Also got a few groceries. I’m gonna make my first attempt at cooking dried beans this weekend. It’s about the best way to use the last of that ham that I can think of, and even if I completely botch it, I’m really only ‘out’ about a buck-fifty. Read lots of recipes, gonna get ‘em soaked tonight, and see what happens. Wish me luck !


Came home, put all the laundry away, and reveled in the feeling of clean. Which was boring after thirty seconds, so I deboxed the ‘I Love Fashion’ Abbey I got Tuesday. Wow, it hardly seems like that was this week, it’s been so busy. Anyway, she is lovely. Her shimmer is well done, her eyes are gorgeous, and her lip color really suits her. And I honestly believe her hair is better than the ‘Basic’ Abbey’s. I kinda wanna keep her, but do I really need two Abbeys ? Well, she’s not taking up much space while I decide.


Her clothes are neat, too. The fun-fur-waisted tulle skirt detaches from the strapless sheath dress, which I like. It’s hard to tell from the box if that was sewn together or not. Under the over-skirt’s waist, the predominantly pink dress is blue ! I love her purple purse, just wish the iCoffin fit inside.


 Her jewelry’s pretty, too. Like an icy sunset, most pieces are soft pink and lavender, with a touch or two of blue-grey. Kinda reminds me of those late 70s - early 80s Darci dolls. They always came with a ton of bracelets, and every outfit, even the ‘budget’ ones, came with more. I used to wonder about that as a kid, because hardly anyone I knew wore even a single bracelet, much less piles of them – Madonna’s rubber bracelet stacks had yet to hover into my world-view – but I concluded that the bracelets helped cover the wrist joint, so you got a better illusion of the doll’s ‘model’ lifestyle. Not sure if that’s what Mattel’s doing, but have you noticed that nearly every doll has come with some sort of bracelet, watch, or wrist covering…?


Anyway, I’m having some fun playin’. Hope you are !

3 comments:

  1. I know you like bargains. Check out the cheap (under 20 dollars) Monster High Dolls. Found a website with 15 different MH dolls. This website has a 40% sale until the 16th of July. They also have stores all around the country (except by me).
    http://thriftstoredolls.blogspot.com/2012/07/for-monster-high-collectors.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you opened her up. I just picked up Basic Abbey and I may have to look at this one again. I'm going to finish putting together my CAM Sea Monster and have some fun myself :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, so jealous! I haven't been able to find the TRU Abbey so far.

    ReplyDelete