Thursday, July 19, 2012

The magic of Sharpie...


Current Mood : Achy-breaky tummy.


So. I got all my housework done early this week so I could take today to sew and play and have fun. Of course, I woke up with a major belly-ache, and when a belly as big as mine hurts, it definitely puts a crimp in your day’s plans.


Beloved Hubby wasn’t feeling much better, so he took today off. And we slept in. Waaay in. Felt a little better, but not really ready for anything complicated. Figured making that pillowcase I needed would be a good start, and once I got my fabric picked out, it went together quickly and almost perfectly. Of course, it was just a pillowcase, not very much of a challenge, but I’m always a bit nervous about my sewing machines after a move. Even if they rode to their new home on my lap, I still worry that I’ve somehow bumped them the one wrong way, and now the timing is off or some tiny cog deep inside is off-kilter. But, if anything, KJ is working better than ever now. Or maybe I’m just happy.


It was also a kind of test, since I pretty much have an all-new Arena, with everything in a different place than before. I even redid how my straight pins, snaps, and hook/eyes are stored. And I have to take the fishies into account, since their tank is on one of my tables. KJ’s everyday vibration would probably drive them crazy, so I used the other table and kept it slow, even though it was pretty much all straight-line sewing. But with a few minor adjustments, I soon had everything where it needed to be, and where I could grab it, so I’m pleased with that, too. And Beloved Hubby and Dearest Son already want a bigger tank, so I doubt the fishies will be with me much longer. I have no idea where they’ll go, but any bigger tank will have to be located elsewhere.


I’d intended to go on to some doll clothes today, but I just wasn’t ‘into’ it, ya know ? I felt like I’d somehow gotten away with it by having such luck with the pillowcase, I didn’t wanna risk my still-tense belly with any worry. And any new pattern, no matter how simple or easy it looks is a bit edgy for me. So I just kinda hung out, cleaned my desk-arena, and tested the laser printer, which also hasn’t been used since the move. Needed to print a copy of the pattern I wanted for later, so after a few efforts with scaling, I got it right, and it’s ready to go. I think I’ll try to sew it tomorrow.


For now, though, I’m still working on the revamp of that Frankie outfit I didn’t much like. It needs a couple more applications of Sharpie in, but that’s it so far. Haven’t touched the shoes yet – I was gonna spray ‘em brown, but I think instead, I’ll just go with black and red. Can always use those colors !


Starting to worry a bit about my Jemgirl shoes. They shipped July 4th, and aren’t here yet. If they aren’t by next Friday, I’ll contact her. Hopefully they’ll be in by then – I just can’t wait to put them on my dolls ! 

2 comments:

  1. That top looks so much better in black! (Just be wary of the Sharpie rubbing off onto your ghouls!) I know it's permanent but there can still be some transfer! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don'tcha just love reorganizing your desk after a move? There's always so much potential! Glad to hear KJ made the trip okay-- I miss your sewing exploits! :)

    ReplyDelete