Sunday, July 1, 2012

Fish Heads !


Current Mood : Joyful and relaxed.
Current Image Notes : Click to embiggen, and see both fish !


We started July off lazily – Beloved Hubby had the day off. Yaaay ! He was a bit restless, so I ended up getting breakfast in bed, tasty Braum’s sausage biscuits with orange juice. It’s been about two weeks since he had a day off, and we had a list of things to do longer than your arm. But we really didn’t get going ‘til about noon.


That’s when the just-moved hobby shop opened. They have just about everything for his and Dearest Son’s interests, just not much for mine. Unless you count all that spray paint for plastics I’ll probably take a closer look at later. Gonna spray-paint a Vampire Create A Monster torso for Puma-boy, also affectionately known as Panthro, a Thundercats character  he strongly resembles.


From there, I wanted to pick up some sale bottled water from Big Lots, but we ended up getting my second table-desk as well. What the heck, it was on sale, too. Between that and the water, we saved a quick five bucks. Also scored our new vacuum cleaner, a factory-reconditioned bagless Bissell upright for $40. Now, once I get up all this clutter, I can clean the floors ! And the now-empty box is perfect for Dearest’s pool floats. If we ever get to use them again, the water’s still emerald green.


After that, we went up to MIL’s house, to visit with her and check on a plumbing problem she’s having. Beloved and Dearest emptied out the shed of all our stuff, and Beloved was a bit upset. A lovely inlaid table he’d made years ago and placed in there had been destroyed, which bothered me too – it was fine a couple months ago. When I asked if the possums in the area possibly wrecked it, he was a bit touchy, so I wonder if something with fewer legs did it.


She also had news for us – FIL was due to return sometime between this Thursday and Saturday, no one was sure yet. Of course, he’d need a lift home. She told me while Dearest was dealing with the shed that she and FIL had a lot to work out, but she’d let us know what she chose, and if she needed anything. I asked her if she wanted us to back off for a while, maybe just check in via text messaging, and she said that’s what she wanted. And yes, she still wanted the boxes we forgot to bring with today.


On the way home, we stopped at PetSmartCo, and Dearest chose a lovely Rosy Tetra fish, almost transparent, with red-tipped fins and touches of black and white. Beloved named him/her ‘Fade’, since that was mostly what it did once released from the bag. Fade and Brawley are still getting used to each other, but so far, so good. Once they’d been fed, we sent out for Chinese, my early birthday dinner, and Beloved set up my new table and assembled the vacuum. They both work really well ! I’m donating part of my desk to Brawley and Fade’s tank, and now you can see them from any point in the room. I find that I watch them much more than our cable TV. Vastly more interesting.


Got our weather-beaten boxes of mostly neglected stuff inside, and I volunteered to unpack them tomorrow. Beloved looked exhausted. I have no idea where half this stuff is going, but I'm just happy about getting the pool toys out of the way ! This place has gotten cluttered, so I have my work cut out for me, while he's at work.


I’m actually rather looking forward to it ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment