Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Where's the MH Happy Meal ? Maybe closer to Halloween...?

Current Mood : Hopeful



Beloved Hubby's still working ridiculous hours, but he says he's OK, and we need some cash, so... I'm still worried about him, but about all I can do is trace amounts of housework. I will be so glad when I'm back to normal. This shuffling along crap is driving me crazy.


We got take-out for dinner, which is much more of a treat when it's once every week or two, instead of every two or three days. My appetite is still AWOL, and about all I could eat were the delicious fries Beloved got for me. Dearest Son or Beloved can have my burger tomorrow for lunch. I'm gonna want some soup, I just know it.


Watched some Monster High videos on YouTube, got two new ideas for outfits Mattel hasn't made yet. One of 'em, I already have the pattern for, and I've already sewn it. To get what I want, I just need to make a simple change of closure. Hoping for the energy to do it Friday - I may have the day to m'self. DFIL is talking about picking up Dearest for a visit tomorrow. His plans change frequently, though, so I try not to count on tentative notions. Less I depend on anybody, the more reliable they are ! (grin)


Hoping that maybe we can do a bit of window-shopping this weekend. I've already seen some folks split the Clawd /DracuLaura set, and with the prices they're getting, a $35. set can garner about $50. - provided the dolls are still fully clothed with all props. Someone else put Ghoulia's 'Dead Tired' clothes up for bids - no doll, just pajamas, trading card, and 'brain puffs' prop food. Now, the DT dolls retail for less than $15. This seller wanted $10. plus $2. for shipping, for just the clothes. What's sad is, if he/she had included Ghoulia's red glasses, I'd have probably bought it. Slippers weren't included, but I was ambivalent on those anyway. I only wanted the outfit and glasses, and while it's kinda silly to pay that much, at least it meant I wouldn't bug Beloved for a trip to TRU. Thanks to Pinecone Research surveys, I have enough in PayPal to buy a DT doll if I want...we just haven't been anywhere in weeks. Unless you count epic pharmacy battles !


Oh, and a heads-up for you LIV fans out there - guess who's on the next Happy Meal series ? Yup, soon as this Kung Fu Panda business is over with, McD's is rolling out Liv and Pokemon toys. Check out happymeal.com, then 'Toys' on your right, for details. Or see today's image. There's five mini-dolls, with those horrible perma-hats from the look of things, and three small styling heads. I was interested in the heads, but two of them have a visible 'autopsy' line just past their hairlines. I thought maybe, like real Livs, they had swappable hair, but the McDs animations don't show such. I'd give the two with lines some bangs, quick !

I never liked these miniature dolls, really. I'd much rather get a pair of shoes or something for one of my 'real' Barbies than a darn near useless figurine. But even saying that, I know I'd eat one of their grey-meat burgers every day for a month if they made Monster High versions just as useless ! 

1 comment:

  1. We're getting Barbie's Latest Film toys instead of Livs in Poland, so maybe that's what's coming afterwards :) (but then again we wouldn't get MH toys even if they were planned, cos MH was never distributed here in any form). No pics of the toys themselves yet.

    ReplyDelete