Saturday, June 11, 2011

Freebies ! That's about it.

Current Mood : Yawnnnn....



Kind of a 'blah' day today, too - Beloved Hubby had some morning work to finish up, but he was home before lunch. After that, we mostly sat around or napped. Only Dearest Son seems to not have a running sleep deficit, as Beloved crashed about six hours today, off and on. It's currently bedtime, and he's still asleep from his last nap ! Hope he sleeps all night long. I caught a delightful two hours about mid-afternoon, but I'm yawning hard now.


I'm not really surprised he's tired - we both woke up about 2am this morning, and neither of us could get back under. So we got up, split the remaining potato chips, and goofed around a while, chattering and reading. It was one of the few nice things about this whole business of me being sick. I got a little quiet, private time with my Beloved.


Seems it's just fine that we couldn't go Monster High hunting this weekend - many places still don't have any of the new stuff, and for what I want to see, it's TRU or nobody. With funds being snug, I'd rather wait a week and pay a couple bucks less at Target or Mal-Wart. While it's not like a few folks who now bemoan paying $70.+ for Lagoona's Hydration Station now that it's advertised for $40., it still bugs me to see the 'Dawn of the Dance' dolls at M-W for $20. when I know I paid $25. each at TRU. And, yes, I was happy to pay it, since I finally had them, no regrets, but no need to be stupid about it, either. I already know TRU is almost always the most expensive outlet, unless there's a sale.


Toured craft sites for the first time in weeks. Found a good one - for free images ! I like to have lots of good backgrounds for doll photos, but there's only so many scrapbook papers, calendar pages, small posters, and such you can keep and store, especially when they wrinkle so easily, and are soon damaged beyond reuse, from a single fold in the wrong place. Heck, I got pretty good at pulling up a large wallpaper on my computer monitor and taking a doll's photo next to it - no printouts, no storage issues. I also like to have pretty stuff for photos here, when it's been a month since I made anything. Problem is, most image sites, like iStock and Shutterstock charge by the image, or require subscriptions. Turns out, there's several sites that don't charge at all, and you can even donate your own images ! I may just do that, it'd be good for my withering ego. Check out http://morguefile.com/ when you have time - lots of good stuff, for free !


Also, if you sew for American Girl size dolls, you probably already know about Liberty Jane clothes - http://www.libertyjanepatterns.com - but if not, check 'em out. They have *tons* of free patterns available for download. Fashionable, fun stuff, for AG, BFC, Ink., and Karito Kids sizes. They've also just started Ellowyne pattern sizes - she's a 16-inch Tonner spinoff. Not sure how her size correlates to Tyler / Elphie's, but there's a free tank top pattern...worth a shot ! Knits are forgiving, and I'm sure Fiyero won't mind if it's a bit snug on her...


They also sell patterns, but they're only four bucks. Sure, Simplicity on sale is cheaper, but these look really nice. I got the Ellowyne one already, and it's highly detailed and photographed, much easier to follow than McCalls. Might be worth your time, and it's hard to beat 'free'.


Right now, though, it's hard for me to beat 'sleepy'. Hope your Saturday was what you needed ! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to the link to the Morgue files. Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete