Friday, June 17, 2011

Much Ado About Yesterday - since Yesterday = Nothing


Current Mood : Thrilled ! 

Spent on Monster High dolls :  $37.75



Well. I was a lot of sound and fury yesterday, and it turned out to mean nothin'. That's right, you've seen the Clawd / DracuLaura  gift set images before, but this one is mine. Beloved Hubby had a cancellation - I think the homeowners took one look at how exhausted he was and sent him home. He told me he was homeward bound, be ready... but I took one look at him and put him down for a nap. He said it wasn't fair of him to make me wait any longer, I said he looked like he was gonna pass out, and an hour or two didn't matter - I'd rather have him a bit healthier than he seemed at that moment. Once he sat down, it was a moot point, he was asleep in the time it took me to pour him a soda.


So I drank it and grabbed a quick shower. Much better. PineCone had another survey for me, so that's $15. in my PayPal. Wheee ! He bounced up nearly exactly an hour later and I insisted he at least watch an episode of Top Shot to finish waking up, then we could go, and I'd be as quick about it as possible. And he finally got his soda.


Our TRU had about six C / DL sets from which to choose, and even all three of the 'School's Out' dolls and most of the 'Dead Tired' ones. About the only thing I wanted out of what our store had - besides the C / DL set, of course - was Ghoulia's red glasses, part of her 'Dead Tired' doll. But that could wait. She was only $14.50, but my gift set was $35., so I felt like we were spending enough on my selfish and greedy hinder for one day. Beloved scouted for something Dearest Son might like, but didn't see anything special. It gave me time to line up all the sets and choose mine.


But like any two-doll deals, if you like Doll A in Set 1, Doll B in the same set is lacking. Of course, in Set 2, Doll B is stunning, but Doll A looks like he might have a joint problem... This was compounded by the fact that I really wasn't sure if I was gonna keep DLaura or not. I was definitely claiming nearly all her clothes and accessories, and I already have two DLauras. But there was something about Set 1's DLaura...


Ended up popping the box top of Set 1 and checking Clawd's neck. It just looked funny as-packaged, but was OK, so we took Set 1 home. For some reason, Set 1's DLaura seemed to have narrower, almost cat-like eyes. The other ones looked wider. Still undecided about Ghoulia - while I want those red glasses, I can go one of two routes to get them. 'Dead Tired' is the cheapest at around $14., but I have to admit I don't really want anything else in the box. Sure, I'd keep her pajamas and props, but neither are a solid 'want', ya know ?


Coming up soon is 'Dawn of the Dance' Wave 2, which includes a curly-haired Ghoulia with the same red glasses. It'll retail for about $23., but the accessories are better. I don't really like how they re-created the red gradient skirted Marilyn Monroe dress - I've seen fan versions that were much nicer and more accurate. Also don't care much about the shoes, but I like her purse and the DVD of New Ghoul At School, the Nickelodeon Halloween special. Sure I have it as a digital file, but it'd be nice to have an authentic copy.


So I'm sort of up in the air on Ghoulia's red glasses. Unless I can find 'em cheap on eBay, I'm gonna have to decide if I want the DotD version or the DT one. Later.


Of course, by the time I decide, it might not matter - because rumor has it that the 'Higher Deaducation' dolls will be out in July ! These are the dolls I really want. The ones with the lockers. After I have all three of those, Mattel can do whatever they like with Spectra and Abbey. Don't care much for either doll, especially after reading the diary scans from the 'After School' dolls that Tanz Fanatika generously posted on the LiveJournal fan page. While it's true that any manufacturer-issued continuity is always ignorable, I already don't really favor either doll, so the diaries just make it easier. Heck, I never could separate celebrity dolls from their namesakes, much to the poor Rosie O'Donnell doll's detriment.


Speaking of DotD, I finally saw photos of a production Deuce - and my 'want' list dropped by one. The fold-over faux-hawk wasn't anything that exceptional, and his outfit looked cheap, probably because of the bright silver stripes on the pants. As black pinstripes, his outfit had a classic hybrid zoot-suit / swing gear look, but the silver stripes made it look clownish to me. I can do better, if I have to paint the darn black pinstripes m'self, so I probably will. I was really on the fence with him to begin with, so I'm relieved to have that decided - and to finally find something I don't want, after all !


So - three 'Higher Deaducation' dolls and one Ghoulia with red glasses, and I'm done... unless I can find the 'Day at the Maul' clothing set ! I'm kinda hoping Mattel doesn't do much more. I'd love that three-story high school playset, but it'd be fine with me if it never materializes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment