Friday, June 10, 2011

Maybe I'm cursed... I am a rather selfish and mean person, ya know...


Current Mood : Heavy headed, which is weird, since there's only various whining going on in there.  

Current Image Notes : About the only thing I haven't tried to conquer my insomnia - the spindle and spinning wheel from EuroDisney, Paris.


Kinda running out of options on my insomnia. It's really starting to weigh on my life now, and I don't know what to try next. I'm hardly using the inhaler at night anymore - usually a change of position or a stretch helps, and I'm using old 'Jedi mind tricks' to control my breathing when I first lie down, but still, I get maybe three hours before I'm gasping awake, and half the time, I can simply not get back to sleep no matter what I do.


I'm adding more water during the day, since I'm often cotton-mouthed when I wake up, and water is one of the few reliable substances in the house that's caffeine free. Dearest Son will drink up a double-batch of Kool-Aid in about a day and a half, and Beloved Hubby will go through a gallon of milk in a week, mostly via instant breakfast milkshakes, so I sort of reserve those two for my guys. That leaves soda, tea, and coffee - all caffeinated. Next grocery store run, I hope to pick up some Sleepytime tea or something.


Since I'm not sure when that'll happen, it's nice cold water in the meanwhile. I'm sure even one glass of it is better than another one of soda. I'm slowly upping my water intake, because between my 'scripts and such, it may be dehydration that's bugging me. It might also be an iron deficiency - I've been subject to those since childhood - because my cooking is scattershot lately. Meals like fish and spaghetti are easy for me to make for dinner, but they're not very high in iron. So I'm eating raisins, a favorite remedy that's worked in the past. I always have trouble falling and staying asleep when my iron's low. Hoping to make a big ole taco dinner this weekend - beef and bean and yum !


Forgot to tell ya'll - I fell asleep cleaning the sewing table yesterday, so I didn't feel safe sewing. Seriously, I sat there returning threads and notions to their homes, and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..... Thing is, I'm getting more sleep, slowly. About four hours a night, and maybe an hour or two in the morning. But I'm still wiped out.


Add to my general malaise that the new Monster High dolls are finally starting to appear on retail shelves. Mostly the pajama-wearing 'Dead Tired' series - Cleo, Ghoulia, Frankie, and DracuLaura - and the Clawd and DLaura set. Hm. It's kind of funny that both 'couple' doll sets have 'C' and 'D' initials - Cleo and Deuce first, now Clawd and DracuLaura. Anyway, retail on the DT dolls is about what the Gloom Beach dolls cost, around $12. to $15., depending. Clawd & DLaura are pretty much only available at TRU right now, at $35., one of the most expensive MH toys shown so far this year.


 I have a short list of seven that I either want or want to see closer, but this isn't a good week for us to go doll-trawling. Maybe next week. It's kind of ironic, since that poster on my Flickr page said I should be more patient with the new stuff. Turns out, I don't really have a choice ! But, heck, it's not like Mattel makes one of anything, and if local retail shelves are any indication, MH is popular around here, but not sell-out levels yet. And we tend to get stuff later than others, so this is probably better all around. I'm just whining.


Mostly because I wanna see another Ghoulia - I love the DT version's red glasses ! - and the Clawde/DLaura set, one of the most expensive of the year's new dolls. I don't need another Ghoulia, of course, and I don't really want the DLaura doll in the set, but I still want to see them, something fierce. So, here's hoping for next week !


Maybe I'll be sleeping by then...

1 comment:

  1. I understand how you feel about waiting for a doll to appear on the shelves. I have now waited for months for the Barbie Basics No. 2 to appear in my area of the country. I finally found one or two of them in TRU and Target. Walmart had the Barbie Basics No 2 sign up for months now and not one to be found there. I live in the New York Metropolitan area not somewhere on a desert island. I have given up even looking for them.
    Maybe that's why I like going to garage sales and Thrift Stores so much. You are not going to find a specific item. And the prices are so much better. LOL

    ReplyDelete