Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day to all you Dads !


Current Mood :  Relaxed


Woke up this morning all jangly - jumpy, nervous, wired, and twitchy. Evidently I took an extra hit or two on the inhaler during the night. It happens occasionally. I'll wake up and need a hit, take it, and lie back down (if I can), then wake up a half-hour or an hour later, forgot I've just had one dose, and take another. I just need to find a small box for my nightstand. Since this hasn't happened in a while, I haven't had one since the move. Keeping it inside or outside the box leaves a message that I've already had some medicine, so I don't double-dose again. Before, I've gone to bed with the inhaler outside the box, placing it inside once it's been used to specifications. Making the inhaler a bit harder to find gives me more of an opportunity to wake up, think and remember. Kinda ranks, but if I'm sleeping solidly enough that I'm not doing so otherwise, that's kind of a good sign.


Once I'm awake and wired, normally a quick snack of a few crackers and water will help absorb the excess and let me relax again. I think part of why I was so wired is because I got so much sleep. Sure, I was still awake from 2 to 3am, and still don't know why, but I'd bedded down at midnight, and didn't get up 'til 9, the most sleep I've had in a while.


So today, I played with 'Forbitten Romance' DracuLaura. She really is a lovely doll, but I'm still on the fence about keeping her. First thing, that hosiery had to go ! Unfortunately, without that, her shoes are so loose they don't stay on, so I get to make socks soon. Her new parasol is adorable, and still has the little signature bat at the bottom. I was gonna dump her purse, since it's simply too 'Hot Topic' for me, but I found that I really liked the 'belt' detail on it, and it stands on its own on end. So it'd make a great vase for her coffin bedside table. Keeping ! Her earrings are black and pink bats on a pink chain suspended from another yellow button. Hmmm...if the rest gets altered, these'll need it too...


That decided, I moved on to her dress. I retain my original impression of it - that it was 'crazy quilt clothing challenge' day in Home Eck. So much going on, the dress looks almost traffic-jam busy, and you hardly even notice the day-glo pink in it all, since the day-glo yellow grabs your attention first. Well, I had ideas for that. They just took longer than expected. I really wanted to keep that dress, since it's beautifully made. See the satin pink skirt ? It has a built-in black tulle slip giving it shape, in two tiers inside. It's very much like a single can-can underskirt, sweet, feminine, and adorable.


I liked the heart print at the bodice, the lace-edged collar and hot-pink bow, the lovely tiered skirt and snug-fitting sleeves...but those buttons and that pink and yellow print had to go ! You can see the dress is improved almost instantly by simply taking off the eight yellow buttons. I've put 'em aside for later. Then I carefully went after the print part of the skirt and the shoes - even the earrings. Those took forever, and aren't quite dry, so those get unveiled tomorrow. I may not keep this DLaura, but I don't want her stained because I was impatient, ya know ? But I am much happier with my version. Can't wait to show it to you !


Kinda mucked around the rest of the day. Beloved Hubby was home, and I made sure he got plenty of rest, and when Dearest Son returned from his grandparents, we had a nice Father's Day. Mostly by sitting around watching Parking Wars and Top Shot episodes and enjoying tag-team napping.


Hope your Sunday was fun and productive - and if you know any Dads, they had a good one, too ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment