Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Sick and tired of more than being ill and weak.

Current Mood : Too weary for words.

Current Image Notes : Believe this or not, I didn't make this - Alita Walters did, and she posted it to much acclaim and lols on the official Mattel FaceBook page. Sad. But still funny.



Perhaps it's because I'm still ill, maybe it's the fandom, or possibly it's other factors like little sleep and less money, but...I find m'self rapidly not caring what's next in the Monster High universe. At least, not like I used to care. The new characters failed to enchant, and the promised release dates for what I was interested in come and go with no updates, no definite information - I'm not getting crap from Mattel, I have to find out from FaceBook and Flicker instead. It's kind of hard to get worked up about new dolls when the US horde has been going berserk since Toy Fair, desperate for any information at all - and then the new stuff goes overseas first. Even the overseas Toy Fairs got more information than we did. Seriously, the latest line - Dead Tired -  is easier to obtain in Great Britain than it is anywhere Stateside. And the overseas shops have no problem including an 'expected by' date, something Mattel Consumer Relations has yet to do accurately since the doll line first came out.  I think Mattel just made a big mistake...


But that's them, and this is me. Today, for some bizarre reason, I got obsessed with the idea of hanging curtains. Years, inching toward a decade ago, I bought a box of random fabric at a yard sale for two bucks. That material's almost long gone now - I got curtains, tablecloths, several pillowcases, general rags, several donations, and some actual stuff to sew out of that box.


The curtains were nice Springfield ones, but they're kinda weird. There were three single panels - one orange, one medium blue, one hot pink, nearly identical. The orange and pink ones were the same length, the blue was cut to about 3/4 of that. They got folded into a 'Household Linen' box (i.e., they were shoved into the 'not sheets' former liquor-store brandy box that never gets unpacked, just moved intact) and never used, but I got a wild hair to hang 'em today, in our bedroom. We have three small windows, badly painted crap brown, covered with semi-broken dusty-white mini-blinds. Even these strange curtains would be an improvement.


It was rather odd, since I felt nauseous all day, and while curtain-hanging isn't a Jane Fonda-level workout, it's not surfing Netflix Kids In The Hall episodes on the sofa, either. Plus, I didn't have curtain rods, or even window measurements at that point. Would these curtains even work ? No clue, but I tossed 'em in the dryer to ease out wrinkles, and got various implements like the step-stool tool box and the house hammer placed in preparation. Why was I so jazzed to do this, and why now ?


Still don't know, but it's done. Tried to reuse some dowels and the brackets from the mini-blinds, but that didn't work. Ended up using thumb-tacks right under the pocket part, pushed into the wall right above the window frame, then folded over to hide the tacks. Not bad for free, and better for being finally done. Hides several much larger nail holes up there, too. Evidently, I'm not the only 'wall curtain' enthusiast this place has known. Wonder what Beloved Hubby will think. He hates mini-blinds, completely and universally, so he'll probably like them, when he notices. Nearly ever place we've lived in, I've had to hide the blinds once he's taken them down, so we won't have to buy them again when we leave. Already got a spot picked out for these.


I think my next home project will be to sort out the hallway closet. Right now, it's packed tight with boxes of sheets and wadded-up comforters, but I think I can rearrange and straighten things to use the space better. (snort) I always come up with these little projects when the dishes and laundry are piled up ! And I still want to have some small sewing effort for tomorrow. Seems like a month's gone by since I had a Creative Thursday.


Oh, and the latest in the Prescription Wars Saga came in today. Yes, it is a cluster-bomb. But since this is long already, I'll write it up tomorrow. (sigh) If I wasn't already ill, this ongoing crap would make me heartily sick ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment