Thursday, September 1, 2011

I love September !



Current Mood : Excited !
 


Yaaay, September ! I think things started to turn around when Dearest Son made me that sweet 'Get Well Soon' card last night - but read on and make your own conclusions ! 


Today started off great - I woke up at 2am, kicking off the sheet I'd curled under, and found that...most of the plasma leaks had stopped ! And the worst spot of the infection had begun to heal itself ! And all I'd done is cover it and go to sleep. Well, if that's all it took to get this fixed up, I can handle it ! Whew. And I'd been in such worry and gloom all week. Grabbed some fruit juice from the fridge and toasted to hope. Then went back to sleep. 


I was a little disappointed yesterday when Mattel Store updated their Monster High section, but my sole remaining wish-list doll, 'Lagoona 2.0', wasn't there. Surprise ! She was there today, and thanks to another LiveJournal contributor, I got to use a 15% off code, which made the already lower-than-Target-and-TRU price even lower. So even with shipping, she's less expensive than the other six (!) I got this year. 


Beloved Hubby's relieved - no TRU runs this weekend ! And she should be here sometime next Tuesday or Wednesday, she's already shipped ! While I'm curious about Abbey, I'm pretty much done for MH dolls this year. I'm actually gonna start seeking new homes for at least three dolls I already own this month, so it's past time for me to be a bit more selective of what I burn and yearn for. About the only thing left to want - that I know about ! -  are the new fashion packs, and while I'd love all four, if I just got one, I'd be happiest with Ghoulia's. So I think I'm getting better at decreasing my Want. 


That said, ya'll are gonna laugh. Late Tuesday night, I was reading a doll blog that mentioned that one of the new Frankie dolls seemed to have new hands. Of course, this was one I've turned down acquiring several times. A couple fans said the hands shown must've been bent in the box, a few murmured they had some like that already, others said they were all-new. Well, darn. I started to Want...but did my research first. Turns out, some of the new dolls have 'Gloom Beach' Frankie's hands - and I already have her ! They're a bit more gently posed than DracuLaura's GB hands, but much the same. How funny ! I was all set to start hunting for 'the one that got away' when it turned out, I already had her ! 


It was so gorgeous this morning that we opened the doors and turned off the air conditioning. Oliver-kitten saw this as his perfect chance to go exploring, and he's been in and out, along with DC, several times. We finally had to turn the AC back on at noon, but the kitties wanted to stay outside, so we're keeping our eyes open for them. Dearest Son's very worried, but is starting to accept that this is best for everyone. 


Wow. I hope your September started well, too ! I feel like my 'hope' supplies just trebled !

No comments:

Post a Comment