Monday, September 5, 2011

At this rate, my 'alterations' box and my bookcase will be empty before I'm done stinkin' up the sofa !



Current Mood : Sleepily hopeful...



Another day on the sofa. In fact, today was in many ways a lot like yesterday - another gorgeous day, with lots of folks home to enjoy it. Went to turn off the AC, and it was still off from yesterday, which I thought was great. With my legs all wrapped up, I could use with some cooler temperatures ! 


That said, my far less damaged left leg - which I call my 'spa leg' now, since most of Beloved Hubby's tender ministrations to it feel more like luxury therapy than medical treatments - has healed up enough to use much smaller bandages than what my poor right leg requires. To me, that's great news. Any indication of healing at all is wonderful. 


I also discovered that I was doubling up on the wrong medicine. Whoops ! Luckily I caught it after just a day, but that could have been dangerous. I wish they'd written my directions down, but then again, my care is my responsibility, and I knew what they meant even if I recalled the name hazily. Here's hoping being on the right stuff does the job for me ! 


Going through old doll magazines again - which really means I'm reading through 'em for fun. I ditched about 75% of 'em when we moved here, so it stands to reason that the ones I kept were special, right ? Well...of the first 15 or so I've read, I'm ditching three. I think I kept most of the very old Miller's issues out of habit more than content. There's some worth having - especially those with patterns and projects - but many of the rest are dedicated to identifying vintage shoes. Since I'm not as full-bore Barbie as I used to be, it's easier to identify the ones that don't 'speak' to me anymore. 


I tried like anything to avoid Netflix, and did a great job - it was my guys who turned it on today ! And it wasn't until late afternoon. Nice to see a couple episodes of Psych. Got a two hour nap today because I kept waking up last night. I was wrestling with my blanket (bit chilly last night), and somehow in the fracas, I loosened the bandage on my right leg, the one that needs to stay snug the most. It took me over a half-hour to get it back on right, and even then, it wasn't very comfortable. I was glad when Beloved woke up !


For it being Labor Day, he was pretty active. He painted the bathroom walls, made breakfast and dinner, did my leg treatments, got Dearest Son ready for his grandparents' (which got postponed 'til tomorrow), did dishes with Dearest, changed oil on the Diesel, helped Dearest bathe Oliver-kitten, and had a little time for his art and a nap, just not much. And he's back to work tomorrow. My busy guy - at least I was able to fold laundry and get it put away today ! 


I ended up rather regretting that nap, since it took away daylight that I should have used on the Barbie clothes resizing efforts. By the time I got Lagoona's 'Tribute to the 80s' done, it was pretty dark and I had some eyestrain. But that's two more pieces out of the Whitman's box and into the Monster High one. 


I'm excited about tomorrow. Lagoona 2.0 is due ! Actually, she's been sitting in a delivery truck since Friday afternoon. Holiday hours, donchaknow. But I'm actually glad it worked out this way, since Friday was a pretty bad day for me, and I'd hate to have my long-awaited doll anywhere near that. Since Dearest is at his grandparents' tomorrow morning, and Beloved will be at work, I'll have all day with her !


Hope you have something special for your tomorrow, too !  

No comments:

Post a Comment