Friday, September 9, 2011

Send in the clones !


Current Mood : Frustrated with Flickr - can't access images right now, darn it. 


I was wondering the other day - where are all the Monster High knock-offs ? Anything this popular usually has cheap-jack semi-clone versions out by now. Heck, Sailor Moon was never near this eagerly sought, and there were 'Shirley Moore' and 'Sera Muun' dolls on shelves and in flea markets almost before the no-nose BanDais were first stocked at TRU. 


I've seen some photos of baby doll versions that were hilarious, and I've heard they were even scented - horribly. But aside from a single in-store shot, I've yet to see them anywhere. Well, yesterday, I got my answer. Again, from a LiveJournal member, Kujasangela, we have photographic proof that out there now exist the Gothic Angels. She says she found them in a Roses store - a retail outlet I haven't seen since I left the East coast - but I've seen similar price stickers at other stores with some infamy about selling knock-off toys, so they'll probably show up in Family Dollar or Dollar General soon. 


Much as I'd love to steal her image, I find m'self more reluctant to do that in my old age, so I'll post the link, and describe it a bit to whet your interest. Have a peek : http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r311/Princess_Skylark/junk/image.jpg .


Moving from left to right, you got lame versions of Lagoona Blue and Cleo de Nile in the first package, then DracuLaura and Ghoulia in the second. Kujasangela says there was a third box, with similarly awesome/awful versions of Clawdeen and Frankie, but an employee was giving her ye olde hairy eyeball, so she didn't get a photo. I'm glad I haven't seen 'em. At two of 'em for $5., I'd buy the whole set just for the laugh factor - and probably another Ghoulia-clone to steal her clothes. I'd also love to see the accessories. Can spy Lagoona's jacket, and pink microphones, and what may be wrap-around glasses, but I'd enjoy seeing what else is in those boxes - and the box back. 


Update ! Found a photo I can steal, from the Fingerhut site. There, you can buy the whole set of six for just $19.99 (plus $8. shipping) ! Or you can arrange financing at the low, low price of $5.99 !  Nearly twice as much as Roses' two for $5. dolls, but according to Fingerhut, the dolls are 10.5 inches tall (MH size, although they look more Barbie size in photos) and come with three extra outfits ! Shoot. Now I really wanna see these dolls 'in person' ! 

You can go see them - and zoom in on their shoes ! - here : http://www.fingerhut.com/product/105-Gothic-Angel-Doll-Set/NV636.uts


Other than that, not a lot going on. Snugged up three Barbie skirts and a pair of knee-length shorts to fit the MH girls, and that darn near emptied the box. My last two brief attempts at sewing didn't go well, so I think I'll need to start gently relearning again, it's been so long. Thing is, it hit me today that, when I follow orders to stay off my feet to let one thing heal, it leaves me weak as anything for everything else. Guess I can work on my strength and energy once I'm all healed up, but it's disheartening to know that walking from one end of the house can make me wheeze - not all the time, but most of it. It's not that I'm still having asthma issues, it's that I'm so weak and not exercising. Here's hoping I can get it all back together soon !

No comments:

Post a Comment