Saturday, September 17, 2011

New dolls coming !

Operetta, left


Mattel finally released images of 'Operetta', a character long-mentioned in the diaries but never seen or really described before, on Facebook today. There she is. Her bio there reads : "Caught sight of my ghoul, Operetta, haunting the halls lately ? She's kind of hard to miss with her rockabilly style and hotrod red hair. Her dad is the Phantom of the Opera, so you know she's inherited some mad musical chops. Just be careful if you hear her sing live. There's something about her voice that really drives monsters crazy ! At sixteen, she's already a bit of a perfectionist and she absolutely hates being told what to do. Oh, and keep an eye out for Memphis "Daddy O" Longlegs (he's her pet spider). He's unlike anything you've ever seen in this unlife." No further word on the doll or the date of her release yet, but hey, at least we got an image finally ! Not sure if I like her yet or not, she seems to be taking some of Ghoulia's vibe !


Not much going on at Chez Insanity, though - finished the last of the Whitman's Sample Barbie Alterations box when I put a fastener on the back of a long-finished pair of Deuce Gorgon shorts I forgot about. Before that, I tried on a pair of animal print and silver micro-dot doll leggings on Clawdeen, and they both fit and look good as ankle-length leggings with just a tweak in the waist. Something I thought I'd never find time to do is all done. Still, it's kind of sad to see a Whitman's box emptied twice !


This week, I plan on going through all the fabric I own. When I first began sewing,  I made the classic mistake of buying tons of fabric without any planned use for most of it. Yeah, I'd buy this fat quarter on sale thinking, 'Ooojh, awesome dress for Ghoulia !', but also end up with huge grab bags and endless yardages from yard sales that were soo cheap, I bought 'em without thinking. Got rid of a ton about two years ago, looks like I need to do the same again.


I mean, heck, now I know. Sewing for me is not something I do that often, so I don't need six different heathery shades of pink fabric that I got even for free from Aunt S. I make doll clothes, mostly for myself. So why don't I just keep that which I like the best, to inspire me, and find new homes - and maybe some cash - for the rest ? Believe this or not, I'm gonna try to get it down to the dollhouse (I still love that thing ! ) and two tight-packed milk crates. Thinking of coming up with a standard size of poster-board, cutting a bunch the same size, folding each piece of choice fabric around them, and standing 'em up in the crate 'til it's full. Should make it easier to see what I have and get the most in those crates !


Not looking forward to going through it all, though... 

No comments:

Post a Comment