Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Celebrate Dearest Son with bubbles


Current Mood : Proud 



Dearest Son spent a good chunk of today putting his old Back to the Future 2 Delorean car back together, noting various changes he wanted to make, then taking it apart and getting them started. There wasn't much I could do to celebrate his achievement - he's been trying off and on to reassemble the DMC - so when he got it done, I blew bubbles all over him, which he thought was funny. It's a good lung mini-workout for me, and it uses up these leftover wedding bubbles from Dollar Tree we bought years ago for birthdays, Easter baskets and just plain what-the-heckness. 


 I think he wants another 'collector car', but this one was $40.+ several years ago, and about $60. now, so it'll be a while longer. It can easily be argued we spend that and more on my dolls, but it's rare that we spend more than $23. at once, which is a little easier to come by. But there's little left for me to want, and he's been so helpful while I've been ill. Plus there's plenty of time before there's more for me to obsess over...


According to BBCW Distributors (a toy and collectable distributor located in Hollywood, Florida, originally Baseball Card Warehouse), the next big wave of Monster High stuff is expected to be released in February. Whew. That is such a relief ! Included are notes on an anticipated 'Sweet 1600' roadster, evidently a car for DracuLaura, their next vacation will be at Skull Shores, with a doll assortment to mark the occasion, and Cleo de Nile is due for a 'Play and Display Accessory Kit', with the subheading, "Time for Cleo to Get Ready !". Most of us think this is the rumored vanity, which is a nice change from all the beds. I'm curious to see what the design crew does with it, since every successful fashion doll from Silkstone Barbie to last-gasp Bratz has enjoyed their own style of furniture, and vanities are some of the most feminine of designs possible.


There's also a 'Create A Monster Add-On Parts Assortment', which I'm sure will have to be seen to be believed. I mean, my imagination can have lots of fun thinking of new pieces for Lagoona's leg-fin slots, now that the fins actually fit and stay put ! This news is courtesy of Fashionista Luv, on the MH LiveJournal page, where I get most of my doll news, it seems !


It's kind of funny, since I always mentally placed DracuLaura with Jem's Rockin' Roadster, ever since I got her. I somehow doubt her 'official' one will be so huge !


Not a lot else going on, although my legs are itching, bad. It's a sign of healing, but when I wake up in the night clawing at the bandages, it's a bit scary. At least I can refrain during the day, it doesn't seem so bad then. I'm getting to the bottom of the Whitman's Box of Barbie Doll Clothes That May Become MH Clothes - nearly all that's left is stuff for the guys. Today I did another pair of Barbie jeans that I would have refit for the guys, but the decorations were too cute and too well-sewn to remove. Plus, taking the ribbon off would render the jeans too short, so they're a bit too long on Frankie, but so cute ! I think they'd look great on Lagoona, since she sometimes gets the 'hippie / 60s vintage' vibe in her wardrobe. I also did a simple blouse that I'll pair with a pair of knee-shorts I adapted last week. Then it's guy time !

No comments:

Post a Comment