Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sometimes they come back...dolls, that is.

Current Mood : Wiped out !



I thought a bit about how to start today's entry. How do you begin another entry about dolls and personal junk on the tenth anniversary of a national tragedy ? But then, I'd spent a good hour this afternoon on our side stoop, sitting on the step-stool toolbox, listening to cicadas and watching dragonflies circle overhead, enjoying pretty weather and a calm day, and I can't think of a better tribute to the day and past events. Life continued. Still does. Can't ask for much more than that.


Dearest Son was home at 9 this morning, and couldn't wait for the kids across the street to come play. After yesterday, I was a bit more subdued about it, but I know he needs the socialization, bad. Still, it was a near-replay of yesterday - little K. - I'm starting to think it stands for Krowbar, it's nearly impossible to get her back outside once she's in - expected me to drag down all the MH dolls, and if you knew how many that is, you'd slap me ! Instead, Dearest dug out his DracuLaura and Frankie Stein, offering to let her play with them and one of his Barbie cars. I thought that was very nice and thoughtful of Dearest, and praised him...only to notice she'd swapped his dolls out for mine just before finally deciding to go play on the porch with all the other kids.


Well, shoot. I've been out-thought by a 5 year old. Or is she six ? I honestly don't know. Besides, I had something to do for once. Couple weeks ago, Beloved Hubby found a box in with some art stuff he packed when we moved. I could tell there were dolls in it from hair sticking out. I had no idea which dolls these were, and why they were separated from all the others, but I finally had time to dig through and see what was there.


Ah. This was a box I'd meant to donate, and it'd somehow ended up also holding tools and such, so it got shoved around instead. At last, we finally found his air compressor tire chucks - we've rebought them about six times. I also found Sailor Jupiter (2), Sailor Mars, Sailor Pluto, Teresa, Barbie and the Beat Midge, and a New Kids on the Block doll Beloved'd had some fun with long ago, drawing in a black beard with a Sharpie. Hmmm...


I immediately reclaimed Sailor Pluto, knew that I already had Jupiter (1), considered keeping Mars and Midge, although I have no idea where they'll go. Got those three cleaned up, mostly a hair brushing and a dusting for now, and decided to restore Dearest's MH dolls while I was at it. All they needed was to have their hair brushed and reset, doll locks get tangled up quickly in the underbed box.


I got a short nap - kids only woke me up twice ! - since I had trouble sleeping the night before. It's gloriously cool during the day, but at night, the house gets stuffy and a bit hot. But it's been a week since we had the air conditioner on, so yaaay, us ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment