Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Mine ! Mine, mine, mine, mine...(like the seagulls in Finding Nemo !)



Current Mood : Happily sleepy.


Another gloriously nice day. But most folk had to go back to work or school, so it wasn't so busy outside, but it was a beautiful day. By 9:30am, both Beloved Hubby and Dearest Son had gone, so it was quiet, too. So quiet that I ended up sweeping out from under the sofa after I dropped a pill, and did my Barbie-revamp sewing for the MH dolls really early. Watched silly movies on Netflix, and polished off leftovers. Not an exceptional day, but a nice one. 


I forgot that hand-sewing does require some finger toughness that I lack. No worries, it's coming back. Straight sewing or button replacement probably doesn't need much fingertip pressure, but stabbing through two thicknesses of fabric and one of plastic Velcro (tm) does. I have thimbles, but they're kinda useless. Maybe I should look through my stash for sharper needles... Today, 'Home Ick' Frankie Stein got to model a revamped 'My Scene' blouse and possibly a Fashion Fever skirt - you'll get that photo soon, it's all ready to go. 


It was kind of funny - as I went to bed last night, I thought of what I'd written, that I'd have all day with my new Lagoona 2.0, since Beloved and Dearest would be out. It didn't occur to me then, but 'all day' might mean 'after 7pm', since that's when we normally get our UPS truck, especially after a holiday back-up. It wasn't that bad today, Lagoona arrived at 5pm, and she's just what I wanted. There were so many changes between the prototype photo and the 'real thing', I was kind of worried. It's also why I didn't want that doll at first, she looked a bit too mature for my liking, and the proto photo didn't have the 'hang loose' hand. All I really wanted when I first saw her were her shoes, and having a similar pair in the late 80s just wasn't enough to justify spending $22.+ for her. Never saw her in stores, so there wasn't regret for not getting her then, but I did go a bit nutz when I saw that hand. It's kind of difficult to get other MH fans to trade you a hand...


But, hey, I got a good sale and now I have a pretty new outfit for the dolls, the miniature jelly shoes memories are made of, and an easily swappable hand that has excellent timing, as right about now, I need to remember to just 'hang loose'. The doll herself, however, has a more 'grownup' look to her face that's almost disdainful. That's waaaay out of character for Lagoona, and not what I like in doll faces in general - the expression showed clearly in the proto photos, another reason I didn't want her originally. So we're not bonding at all. Once I get some photos, I'll probably do a more-or-less permanent hand-swap with her and another Lagoona, re-dress her, and offer her for sale - with a big ole reminder that she's been hand-swapped. 


(yawn) Well, all this recovery and doll fun does tire a girl out ! Plus I get to play tomorrow, and spend a bit of time with you, too ! It's so nice to have something to look forward to...

No comments:

Post a Comment