Monday, September 12, 2011

Comfort me with dolls....

Current Mood : Distant 


I'm in one of my weirder moods today, just so ya know up-front. Watched a couple episodes of Hoarders online, and heard the phrase, 'She comforts herself with Home Shopping Network', and I realized that I did the same thing, just with dolls. If there's nothing I want to buy - or the funds simply aren't there - I make something, or play on the sites. Pretty soon, I'm gonna add cataloging to the comforting, because that appeals to my researching kick. Put that way, a doll habit doesn't sound quite so ridiculous. One day, I may be part of someone else's searching for details - cool !


Last night, for various reasons, pretty much no one at Chez Insanity slept. I thought Dearest Son did, but he's just as wired and weird as Beloved Hubby and me, so I made sure everyone got naps - I even took a two-hour one m'self, and was so tired, I actually did sleep ! Wasn't really surprised, since I literally fell last night. During another brief time slot when we were both awake, we were discussing his latest art project, and I turned to go see it, and didn't quite complete the pivot. Luckily, my computer chair was a step or two away, and I'd already staggered through those, so I managed to not hurt m'self and fell into it. Scared heck out of Beloved, but I know how I get when I'm over-tired. No bruises this time !


I'm a little worried about my next med appointment. Oh, my legs are actually healing pretty well, if glacial-slow, and the worst spots are still on the mend, so that isn't my major concern. It's my newly screwed-up diet. Savory foods like meat and cheese still taste funny or off, but sweet things are fine, so guess what I'm eating lots of ? I have no idea how that'll affect the diabetes check they want me to take, too, and I'll be flat-out honest, diabetes scares me. One funny side effect is that I can detect artificial sweeteners like a flag now - they're actually quite bitter and sharp. Previously, I'd get a bit of after-taste if anything, even less if the fake got blended with real sugar or fruit-sugar. Now the taste of fake screams out from the first bit on my tongue. Weird.


On the other hand, I eat less than half what I used to at meals, and nearly all of it tastes over-salty now. Used to be, I'd have a huge lunch (two bricks of ramen, or a whole can of ravioli would be typical, especially if there weren't leftovers to eat up) then about mid-day eat maybe half a $4. bag of potato chips or popcorn. These days, my afternoon snack is usually what I didn't finish for lunch, like half of a single can of soup or part of a ham sandwich. So I'm actually eating less and  healthier, and I'm even drinking more water now than lemonade or Kool-Aid, and still not drinking soda, but I still worry about all this sugar.


Ah, well. My appt. got rescheduled for Thursday, so we'll see. Tomorrow, MH locker #5 is due to arrive in the mail. I wasn't going to get any more, but this one was so cheap...I'm hoping to trade for the sixth and final one. Anyone want a re-handed Lagoona #2 or a redressed Forbitten Romance DracuLaura ? I'd put the offer up on the LiveJournal site, but I wanna make sure I can get my part of the trade safely to the post office first !

No comments:

Post a Comment