Monday, April 30, 2018

Well, that lasted a day. . .

This is the old one. 'New' has all the turrets and slide !

Wheeee ! I scored big-time at Goodwill today ! Hope you found something special about today, too.


I debated it, for all of five seconds, before loading my second GW Frozen castle into my cart. This one was in much better shape than the one I had – also a GW purchase – and was only $6. Even came with a few dolls. Yaaay ! I debated longer about the pastel tie-dye Build-A-Bear teddy, but her eyes were just so beautiful… and the split on her back seam was probably the only reason she was still there. Found an orange kitten stuffie for Dearest Son, and a DVD (American Gigolo, I’ve always wanted to see it), and the large airtight pet food storage bin I’ve been eyeing at M-W for weeks. Got the lot for less than $20.


My old castle already has a home waiting. A member of my therapy group has a daughter, and she’s welcome to it. Kind of annoyed me when I got asked for photos and measurements – it’s a free, once-expensive toy, okay ? – but I’m glad it doesn’t get added to the pile waiting for Spring Cleaning Saturday. Although it was tempting. . .


Once home, the bear got repaired and washed, and researched. She’s a discontinued Valentine’s Day bear, called Sweet Swirls, and she still smells faintly of cotton candy. If I’m reading her sewn tag correctly – only the barb from her hang-tag remains – she was released in 2015. Cleaned up, she was amazingly soft, and even cuter ! I’m thinking of a project for her. . .


Rest of the day was dishes and laundry and a few hundred little things, like using the shop vac (Dearest had it out to clean the Ranger-truck) to clean cabinets and the hard-to-reach cabinet corners, and cleaning a spill in the fridge.


Madcap existence, I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment