Saturday, April 7, 2018

Yup, finally found AG clones I like !


You won’t believe this, but after staying up ‘til nearly 2am – Beloved Hubby and I had some serious winding down to do, and it’s always fun to watch Far Cry game play and eat pretzels – I slept ‘til 12:30 this afternoon. He and Dearest Son went for sodas, and he brought me back a packet of mixed nuts. We shared it for breakfast.

A while later, I made a late lunch, more ham steaks, eggs, and toast. Added cheese and ‘ham juice’ to the eggs, they were so delicious ! Dearest came back for seconds on the ham.


Promised I’d tell you about the Old Navy infant dress. Well, we have a local church-run thrift that I rarely went to, but this summer, I did. They had a small room full of huge piles of clothing, simply priced – stuff a Mal-Wart sized sack for $5. There were three of us down there, sweating in the heat, working together. One thin lady was looking for clothes to fit her, another was searching for back-to-school kid clothes, I was there for interesting pieces, small prints, and stuff to fit my guys. If we unearthed something we thought the others might like, we tossed it their way.


I left with two super-stuffed bags over an hour later. I can get a LOT in a sack ! The other mom and I were giving the young lady tips on how to get the most in a bag, and she did quite well. Other mom had four bulging sacks to her credit ! My bags included a Cuisinart apron, an Old Navy hoodie (Beloved’s favorite this winter) and a grey sweatshirt, a pair of jeans for him and Dearest, two tees for Dearest, a blouse for me, and a ton of kids’ clothes. I got red velvet, cute prints, and many fabrics I don’t often work with. So worth it !


The starry dress was the Old Navy infant one. I basically made the back the front, and pinch fitted it until it worked. Made machine embroidery shoes from the cutaway. The Belle nightgown was a Disney Store kids’ shirt that was also cut to fit, and there was enough of the rose sleeve fabric left to make panties and shorts. Another black-with-red-hearts print kids’ tee made a blouse and shorts for dolls this same size, plus two ‘Curvy’ Barbie pieces. I make the most out of my upcycling !


As for the dolls, green-eyed brunette Autumn was a Mal-Wart markdown, although for those eyes, I’d have gladly paid full price. I traded the other doll – also a M-W doll on deep discount – for a nearly identical doll from Goodwill. The one I have now is named Summer, as she wore only a flower in her hair when I found her. She reminded me of Donna Summer, with her long wavy hair. Haven’t done a lot of sewing for them, just a few separates and a sofa, but I’m starting to get that urge to create once more. (grin) The sofa is a beanbag idea that I cut wrong, out of flea market 4yds for $1. fabric, and it’s stuffed with collected fabric scraps with some tulle from a neighbor’s wedding. I’ll have to show you that soon, too.


Darn, but I’ve missed this and you !


2 comments:

  1. Oh wow the dresses came out great! I especially like the blue one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds and excellent upcycling too! I cannot wait to get back into sewing and creating for my dolls too! Who knows maybe I'll start blogging again as well!

    ReplyDelete