Thursday, April 12, 2018

Finally remembered to take a 'Before' photo !


Didn’t mean to pull a vanishing act on you so soon – appreciate your patience ! While I’ve just had a bad cold / allergies, with no hospitalization this time, they have wiped me out. I haven’t been worth a used Kleenex in a thrifted handbag all week. And I’ve gone through a lot of tissues. Still coughing up gunk, then blowing it out and wiping my eyes. Then I get five or ten minutes of peace before it starts again. About the only time I’ve not had to mess with it is when I’m asleep, and because I’m so tired, I’ve slept every chance I got. Doesn’t give me much energy for much, and isn’t very interesting to hear about.


I even cancelled my Tuesday defibrillator appointment and skipped therapy. Luckily the defib has already been rescheduled, and we were able to use my monitor for a quick check. It’s working perfectly. Aside from therapy, I don’t have another VA med appointment ‘til June !


Felt a little bit better yesterday, and decided to do the prelim work on restoring that Quick Curl Barbie I got from the church-run thrift last month. Her leg’s broken off, which I normally ‘fix’ with an elastic girdle. This time, though, I read some articles, watched a few instructional You Tube videos, and decided to try something new.


Broke a big needle, a seam ripper, and a toothpick trying to get the broken peg out of her leg, but my little screwdriver got it done. Played with it until I matched the break, marked it, and put it all away. I want to get some Plastix glue for the repair, and can’t quite handle Mal-Wart yet. I’d go to Ace Hardware about a mile away, but politics. Cleaned a ton of grime from her - note the shredded bit of Magic Eraser - but I have no ideas yet on restoring her wired hair. Wish me luck on that one. 


Today, however, I could handle Dollar Tree – Dearest Son and I hadn’t been out of the house all week, and we were both getting a little stirry. Found some 4/$1. Easter candy remnants, nothing really good at this late date, but a few little things that’ll be tasty later. Got the last of the specials from the local grocer down the street. We felt a nice little rain shower while carrying the loot inside.


Get this – 82° today. 40mph wind gusts tomorrow, with a pollen advisory. Saturday night, we’re on freeze warning ! Crazy !

1 comment:

  1. Hope you guys got through the weather last night okay! Looks like storm season is getting a late start this year. I'm intrigued by your Barbie repair project. Good luck with her!

    ReplyDelete