Monday, April 2, 2018

Thrifted dolls - I got a LOT !


Last month, I scored a PJ Sparkles doll, no dress or shoes, but very pretty. Her hair wasn’t much of a mess, and once I replaced her ‘Best By 2000’ 9v battery, she lit up again, flawlessly. I always liked that doll, but was ‘too old’ when she came out in 1988, so I was happy to find her at GWill. Hope to sew a simple skirt for her tomorrow !


I also acquired a Bag o’ Barbies, and after careful consideration, kept seven and put fourteen back in the bag to re-donate. It was an interesting mix. Among the ones I kept were a Skating Elsa, a pink perma-blouse Disney Aurora, a Disney Descendants ‘Coronation Gown’ Audrey, a pretty brunette Barbie with eyelashes, and a fairly recent ‘Day to Night’ rotating scalp / hair colors Barbie. Continuing their adventures elsewhere are a Dora doll with yellow duct-tape diapers, a doll that may have come with a tree stand, rifle, and deer, a Model Muse Barbie, a princess Barbie with a light-up, spinning skirt, and an Ever After Apple White missing one hand.


I’m also choosing our menu for the week, deciding what culinary delight I’ll employ to break in the ‘new’ slow-cooker. Writing up a menu really saves us money – I don’t buy as much, I can plan around sales, make the most out of leftovers, and it settles the eternal ‘what’s for dinner’ query quickly. And it’s not like we’re obligated to stick to it. Only problem is, we don’t eat out much anymore !  


In solidarity with the state teacher’s strike, Beloved Hubby was home today. So we slept in, got huge, sloppy sausage gravy biscuits, played Far Cry 5, and otherwise enjoyed the day. We talk politics a lot more now – age makes activists of us all eventually ! – but aside from keeping an eye on the strike, we didn’t much today. Hope your first Monday of April ’18 was good, too !

1 comment:

  1. Those are great finds. Until you mentioned it I thought the only fashion dolls with a rotating scalp featuring two hair colors were Tuesday and Tiffany Taylor.

    ReplyDelete