Friday, April 13, 2018

May I present Chez Insanity's very own Wookiee Furbacca !


Slept late again, but finished one of my downloaded free books on my Fire tablet. Can’t remember if I told ya, Beloved Hubby got a Fire 8 for me back in late September as an early Christmas gift. I just love it ! My laptop’s getting a bit weary and tends to run hot with video, so I run those on the Fire, and it’s got about 500 novels, books, nonfiction, and yes, women’s erotica on it. All free. I’ll have to live another hundred years to read them all, but I try to read some of it each day. It’s been a while since I’ve wanted an actual paper book.


Our VA clinic has Wi-Fi but the VA Medical Center doesn’t. Not sure why, but everyone I’ve spoken with agrees – we’d gladly do without internet to get one more vet taken care of. And I’m hoping I won’t need any more lengthy hospital stays that would make the Fire useful.


Feeling a little bit better – it’s now about a half-hour between coughing jags, and at least the resulting gunk never went green or even yellow. I just make a freakin’ lot of it, and I still get dehydrated. Still, I was lively enough to take Dearest Son to Goodwill, which was a blast.


He’s currently enamored of 80s and 90s interactive toys, like Furby and Teddy Ruxpin. Nostalgia factor on those run pretty high, with resulting prices. But today, he lucked out – I found what I thought was just an digital-eye recent Furby, in attractive shades of brown. His eyes lit up when I showed it to him, and he eagerly grabbed it, yelling, ‘It’s Furbacca !’. Wha ? I had no idea that The Force Awakens engendered a Wookiee Chewbacca Furby until he told me. This one’s missing his bandolier pouch, but we paid 99¢ for him instead of $60., so I’m not about to quibble.


He’s hilarious ! We all crack up when he starts humming the Star Wars Main Theme ! Luckily I’d just bought some AA Dollar Tree alkaline batteries, and he works perfectly. It adds to the fun (to me at least) that we actually paid more for the batteries than the toy ! Beloved Hubby was entranced when he started dancing, and I noticed that the loud servo noise that was part of the ‘vintage’ Furby was quiet as space on Furbacca. His ears move a lot more, too. There’s an app to go with him that I hope still works. He’s delighting the heck out of Dearest !


As for me, I snagged another Bag o’ Barbies when I saw an MLP Princess Luna in the scrum, along with a one-handed, still-dressed MH C. A. Cupid. Haven’t sorted through it yet. I also picked up a Little Disney Princess Mulan and yes, another Elsa, both dressed but shoeless. And another bag of lace, ribbon, trim and elastic lace beckoned, and it went into the cart, too. I console myself knowing that I’ve wanted that Luna for a long time, and she would have cost more on the collector circuit than I spent on the whole GW trip, so there.


Fell asleep after a quick leftover lunch, but Beloved was home early, so we got to hang out for a while, which made me glad for the nap ! I’m still in love with him and I’m just now starting to believe that he really does love me, too. I know that sound silly, considering we just had our 20th wedding anniversary and are coming up on the 25th anniversary of the day we met, but my history makes believing in love challenging. There’s a reason I’m in therapy, guys !

No comments:

Post a Comment