Monday, April 9, 2018

So true. . .


Ain’t no sewin’ for the lazy ! After successfully whizzing away an entire Saturday, I had the most solid intentions of sewing today. But a chance comment from Dearest Son – that he wanted to take drawing lessons from Beloved Hubby, to improve his art – had us completely redoing the living room, relocating unused computers, finding old hardware, finding the dust rhinos a new preserve in the trash can, and moving furniture. Luckily, we’d had a big bacon, egg, and biscuit/toast breakfast beforehand !


I benefit, too – it cleared enough space to use my Wii Fit again ! You know, like I’ve promised my cardiologists’ and doctors that I’d start up again back in November ? All I need are some batteries and determination, and I can buy the batteries.

It’s true what they say – change your view, improve your outlook ! I really like this new, improved living area. Just need to clean my incredibly cluttered sewing table (that’s had all this new and new-to-me fabric tossed on it !). I’m also hoping to snag an underbed box for Ms. Elsa's growing wardrobe. 


The thrifted fabric and clothes washed out nicely, and I don’t think his ‘Derpy’ shirt shrank. He’s so thrilled with it. ‘We Love Fine’ has some great designs, but I just can’t shell out $30. for a t-shirt, no matter how wonderful the Princess Luna image is.


Proud of me. Dinner tonight – Chicken Alfredo – used most of the remaining markdown rotisserie chicken, the last of some garlic cloves I had to mince or toss out, the bread bits from slicing a 42¢ day-old loaf of Italian bread for Garlic Toast, and the last of an old bottle of red wine vinegar. The last of the rotisserie will go to stock for potato soup lunch tomorrow, including the ‘can juice’ from the green beans for extra flavor. Supper tomorrow is make-your-own Italian Bread Pizzas, featuring my own version of Italian sausage, two kinds of cheese, more garlic butter, pepperoni, and onions. Dearest Son loves any kind of pizza night !


(grin) My therapist asked if I cooked well. I told her I cooked cheap, using a pre-planned menu to use up leftovers and minimize grocery runs, while making the most out of markdown discoveries and sales. After I detailed our last few dinners, the whole group was impressed ! Really, though, Alfredo’s easy, even if you make your own sauce. Even Dollar Tree sells the bottled stuff.


Well, early to bed. Defibrillator appointment at the VA tomorrow. Basically an hour drive, 20 minutes finding a parking space, waiting an hour for a 15 minute consult, then an hour’s drive home. Seriously considering hitting JoAnn’s while fat quarters are just 70¢, but I’m already swimming in fabric !

No comments:

Post a Comment