Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Some days, ya just gotta buy the stickers and eat the cheese crackers.


You might notice a drop in content on Wednesdays. That’s group therapy day, and while it’s only two hours plus an hour’s travel, and I get to talk about me for a good chunk of it, it is a bit tiring. Rewarded myself today with some of my new favorite cheese crackers, the Lisa Frank stickers I’ve wanted for a couple weeks, and a box of Slush Puppy pop-ice, all from Dollar General. Yeah, the stickers were silly, but they were only $1., and I really liked several of the designs. Since there were ‘Over 600 !’ in the folder, many are tiny, which will come in handy for my dolls. Just don’t tell my vast collections of Disney Princess and Frozen stickers, OK ?


Made those tasty smoked Gouda chips my reward for cleaning up the kitchen and prepping the dishes for this afternoon’s scrubbing. After a hearty lunch of potato soup – made from the corned beef stock – I fell sound asleep for nearly two hours. It’s noteworthy ‘cause I can hardly sleep these days without the C-Pap mask. Yeah, I still hate it, but I rest so much better with it, and the mask doesn’t freak me out anymore, it’s just become another thing I do, like brushing teeth or thrift shopping.


Got a good chunk of the dishes done before Beloved Hubby came home, and I’ll probably put off the rest ‘til tomorrow. We had a nice simple dinner – markdown ham steaks, mac & cheese, with corn muffins. I’m stuffed !


But I still hope to sew tomorrow. Oh, yeah – I’ve gone two entire days with no soda ! I’ll probably break down and have a single glass tomorrow, but I’d rather eat my calories than drink ‘em !

1 comment:

  1. Hope your therapy went well.

    Good for you on avoiding soda in your diet.

    ReplyDelete