Friday, April 6, 2018

Poor Unfortunate tire. . .


Sorry to vanish on you, but there was just no way to make yesterday’s  ‘Slept all day and did dishes’ interesting ! Although the markdown ham steaks and mac & cheese with corn muffins for dinner were delicious !


Took Dearest Son out for a prowl – he found two MLP-scale playsets and a ‘We Love Fine’ MLP ‘Derpy’ shirt at Goodwill. Somebody paid $30. for that shirt ! Even if it shrinks – it doesn’t look at all worn – he wanted it, and I said I could always make a pillow out of it. It goes in the washer tomorrow.


As for me, I was quick to snatch up a seven-inch stuffed Ursula I found lurking in the stuffed animal rack. Missing her hang-tag, but otherwise perfect – for 99¢ ! I also found a pretty skirt with the half-off color that actually fit me (lol), and a bag of stretchy lace and other notions like sequins, jingle bells, ribbon, and poinsettia fabric. All the lace and fabric’s on top of the Derpy shirt in the hamper. Ms. Elsa scored a pair of half-off Old Navy pink jelly flats. Wonder what she’ll look like in soft pink. . .


(grin) This is about the third time I’ve found Old Navy second-hand. Only time I’ve ever set foot in the place is when I went to find sneaker-shaped keychains to fit the Tonner ‘Matt’ doll. Made a pretty dress out of an ON infant dress – hafta show you that tomorrow.


From there, we hit Mal-Wart, for soda and look-around fun. I bought two spring fat quarters – also in the hamper – and priced under-bed boxes for Ms. Elsa’s growing wardrobe. Kinda pricey, hoping to find an alternative or a sale soon. Dearest refused to spend any of ‘his’ money. Got a free sample of Mango Crasins from the machine/device, and they’re actually pretty good. Especially considering I don’t like cranberries and I hate mango.


And just a few hours ago, I had my first experience with Uber. Beloved Hubby was home kinda late, so we went out for a snack – and we had a blowout. Not on the tire I have to keep inflating, on the one opposite it. Tried to walk home, but it was 36° out and windy, and I lost breath and strength pretty quickly. We made it about halfway, and he knew I was trying but in trouble. So he arranged it, which was nice and not too expensive. Once home, we retrieved the spare, warmed up a bit (hot cider for the win !) and drove out in the Diesel. Beloved got it replaced and I drove it home. We were both wiped out, but some hot chocolate helped. Brrrrr !


I’m going to bed, to finish warming up ! Check your tires, sweet ones !

No comments:

Post a Comment