Sunday, April 15, 2018

Bye, weekend ! Thanks for the sleep !

Rather quiet, boring Sunday. Beloved Hubby slept a lot, and while he rested, I sorted dolls and cleaned off the ‘junk table’. I use part of it to cut out patterns but hadn’t been able to, due to tools, laundry, receipts, and winter gear. Spent a good hour getting it all sorted and stored and wiped down. Now that I have my cutting table back, I can sew ! It would also help to lower the height of the Tower Of New Fabric over there. Yes, even with not visiting Jo-Ann’s in two years and Hancock Fabric’s unfortunate closing, my fabric has managed to overflow the sewing area and terraformed its own landscape in the living room. I’m sure you’re shocked.


Dearest Son prefers his phone camera to his pawn-purchased Nikon CoolPix, so I inherited it. It shares an SD card with the thrift-store digital frame I scored last year, which is nice. If I want, I can screen-grab my pattern’s directions, load ‘em to the frame, and it’s there for me without printing another page or scribbling the instructions on the backs of the pattern pieces. The Fire 8 tab can do the same thing. It’s amazing how much tech a simple hobby like sewing can use !


Gonna ease my way into sewing tomorrow. I figure I’ll make a super-simple gathered skirt for PJ Sparkles, that should take about a half hour, most of which will be spent ironing the fat quarter I plan to use. If it works for her, I can use the same basic idea on about any doll, so it’ll be a great go-to. As if I don’t have six million patterns cluttering up the joint !



For tonight, though, I just wanna relax, enjoy coughing every few hours instead of every five minutes, finish up the junk food, and get some sleep. Hope your weekend was healthy, restful, and also had lotsa your favorite food !

No comments:

Post a Comment