Saturday, April 14, 2018

It's so funny, how she doesn't talk anymore. . .

I think she looks more like Marlo Thomas than Lynda Carter, but. . .

It’s a good thing I had a clear ‘want’ in that last Bag O’ Barbies I bought from Goodwill. My new MLP Princess Luna is awesome, and seems to have a color variant mane, but I haven’t done my usual full research. I gotta say, though, the rest is sure not much to write a Blog about !


C. A. Cupid – the first edition MH one – is missing a forearm and hand, and she has Rochelle’s issue shoes. But her hair still has that trademark heart in it, and she has her issue dress, so it was sort of a blast from the past. There’s also a nude arm-missing Holt Hyde. Same arm, too. A revamp (arms don’t come apart) Frankie rounded out the MH crew in there. It’s still seems odd to me to see such sought-after dolls in a thrift-store grab-bag.


There was also a shiny-faced Maxie and two LIV dolls, all nude. A small army of tanned blonde Barbies, with one perma-blouse Cinderella almost buried the two tiny cheap porcelains (I think I remember seeing them for a buck or two at Dollar General, years ago) and a DTree infant, and one near-black haired brunette. With eyelashes. And an odd starred belt. Hmmm. Oh, it’s a Raquelle !


I liked Raquelle. She was the ‘bad girl’ foil for Barbie in the webisode series Life In The Dreamhouse. I plowed through shelves of Barbies and Kens to find her original side-twist smile version, and scored another brunette with a standard smile in another thrift bag. This was Talkiing Raquelle, and her belt played phrases from her dialog, and had six seconds of record and playback. Didn’t work, of course, it’s been a while since Dreamhouse dolls awaited eager buyers. And, unfortunately, she had no hands.


(sigh) And that’s what got me. I probably would have re-donated her had she been intact. After all, I already have two. But seeing her like that, especially after all those similarly afflicted MH dolls, made me want to fix her, badly. Her hands could be replaced, much like an MH, but I didn’t have a suitable articulated donor.  But I did have a damaged Disney Rapunzel from the bag who was a close match to her skin tone. . . .


So, my new Raquelle doesn’t talk anymore. Never been much on gimmicks anyway. I think she’s happier with hands. And not having three star-shaped buttons in her belly !  

No comments:

Post a Comment