Tuesday, April 3, 2018

After Easter stuff. . .

Can you believe I got this, hand-stitched, framed and all, at a thrift in February, for just $5. ? It's true !

Some merry prankster – or clumsy bunny ! – decorated our sidewalks for at least four blocks with jellybeans and speckled malted milk eggs. Hope no kids picked ‘em up and ate them !


Slept late, so I didn’t get to any doll stuff today. Took Dearest Son to Dollar Tree, as we needed a few things. Cough and cold season means we tear through tissues, and I wanted to test the sweater shaver I got at the thrift this past weekend. Shaver : 25¢  Batteries : $1. Shaving a bald spot in an old towel : Awesome ! Of course, after I bought a box of chalk there, I found the pieces I’d been searching for- but it’s all good. Even if the thrifted fabric isn’t chalkboard stuff – seems to have the same texture as online photos do – that just means I have more colors to use now. Fabric works perfectly with chalk.


Selected a few small bags of discounted Easter candy, and Dearest crowed that he was getting more for his money buying chocolate rabbits on sale instead of candy bars. He even compared ounces to cost, which I didn’t learn ‘til I was out on my own.


Not a lot else going on – we got the local chicken shack’s Tuesday special for dinner, which was a nice surprise. And I have group therapy tomorrow. Maybe I can squeeze a bit of doll sewing time in between that and dishes !

No comments:

Post a Comment