Sunday, May 4, 2014

The joy of a lost book found !

Current Notes: Maybe soon, I'll get to actually read it again...




Despite yesterday’s fun, we hit the Sunday sale thrift shop today, shortly after it opened. Dearest Son found a new monitor – yes, another one – for $13. that he loved, and it went into the cart. Hey, if he’s willing to spend his allowance, I’ll let him learn from his own financial faux pas, no problem.


Since I had him there, we went through the t-shirt racks, and found six for him, two for Beloved Hubby. Most of them were on sale, but I had no problem shelling regular asking price of two big bucks for a Red Knight ‘Only A Flesh Wound’ tee. The ‘Unathletic Dept.’ shirt was cheap and nearly new, too. He loved both of his, and admired Dearest’s new monitor. Admired it so much that he wanted to go, see if they had another. They didn’t – Dearest prefers widescreen – but Beloved found a regular aspect one that easily rotated to a ‘portrait’ orientation, and he’s always wanted one of those ! So, seven bucks later, he had a new monitor, too.


You may wonder what Beloved needed a new monitor for, since we both use laptops. But his new monitor allows fuller use of his drawing tools without constantly scrolling up and down, and he can operate both monitors together, or just one. So, whatever works – especially if it works and makes ya happy for a mere $7. !


Oddly, I didn’t buy anything for me this time. Just scavenged a gorgeous variegated forest green t-shirt from the ‘Freebie’ bin. I can cut around the torn sleeve, and since it won’t fit anyone here, have no guilt about ripping it up for new projects. Most of the ‘Freebie Bin’ finds are truly only good for rags, and with some fabrics, not even that, but I always give it a stir when there’s stuff in it.


Once back home, I did a quick load of laundry for Beloved’s work shirts, and got all the new finds ready to go. MIL and FIL are in the midst of going through all the stuff and boxes of books BIL left in the Garpartment when he moved out. So I occasionally find boxes open and midway through sorting back where the washer/dryer and water heater are. So far, I’ve found three of our long-missing DVDs, and today was reunited with my SciFi Book Club copy of Who Censored Roger Rabbit? by Gary Wolf. I know it’s mine ‘cause in college, the local Library would laminate by the yard for a slight pittance. Most of my ‘good’ books from those days have laminated dust jackets, like this one does. I had wondered, years ago, what happened to it. Now I’m trying to figure out a nice way to ask, ‘Does BIL have any more of my books ? Can I look through all 15 of the boxes he left ?’. I have a sneaking suspicion Beloved loaned them out and forgot to tell me…


1 comment:

  1. I never read the original "Who Censored Roger Rabbit", but I've heard of it. Wasn't there a sequel or two, as well?

    ReplyDelete